3G data vs. Wi-Fi priority?
Chewrag
With an iPhone, I'm in a Wi-Fi area(home network), and get data from the high speed, but I noticed I am still consumingVerizon data usage time unless I turn data off. However, turning off data prevents normal phone services like text, so can't do that. So my question is, how can you ensure Wi-Fi is the prioritized method when in a hotspot? It seems it would save a lot of data usage time. Is there a way to prevent consuming costly data time when on a Wi-Fi network?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G data vs. Wi-Fi priority?
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

On my iPhone, in Settings, I have the option to turn Wi-Fi on or off. I see no obvious place to turn 3G on or off. Turning Wi-Fi ON disables 3G data usage and activates my home network. I am still able to perform all phone related functions (texts, etc.) with Wi-Fi setting ON. Turning Wi-Fi OFF activates my 3G usage. Are you sure your usage is limited with Wi-Fi? It shouldn't be.....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

On my iPhone, in Settings, I have the option to turn Wi-Fi on or off. I see no obvious place to turn 3G on or off. Turning Wi-Fi ON disables 3G data usage and activates my home network. I am still able to perform all phone related functions (texts, etc.) with Wi-Fi setting ON. Turning Wi-Fi OFF activates my 3G usage. Are you sure your usage is limited with Wi-Fi? It shouldn't be.....

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

The only 3G data your iPhone will use, when on wifi, is data for sending/receiving and MMS. Other wise everything else is going through wifi. 

0 Likes