3G Not Working
jake2587

I have had my iPhone for over a year and back in November my data stopped working. It is February and it still doesn't work. The data will work for a few seconds and then stop working for good until I turn off the 3G and turn it back on, then it repeats the same problem. I have given up trying to fix this until now because I got so frustrated with it. I have kept my data off for the majority of the time since it has stopped working. I can make and receive calls with my data turned off. I can also send and receive text messages. If anyone knows a solution to this please let me know.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: 3G Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help make sure your performance stays consistent jake5827! Where are you located? Is this happening in more than one area? Do you find that your signal strength is fluctuating? Do you power cycle your device at least once a day?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jake2587

My zip code is 30132. This problem happens everywhere I go. My signal doesn't fluctuate any. I have full service and the 3G icon is present bet every time I try to use the internet it tries to load the page for about 15 seconds and then says that I'm not connected to the internet. My phone also gives a notification that says, "Could not activate cellular data."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jake2587, let's see if we can get that working for you again. On the iPhone 4 Tap Settings>General>Reset> Reset Network Settings. Once the phone completes the process and powers back on dial *228 on the keypad and press call. When the other end answers select option 1. Retest and let us know how its working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
auburnhort

I am having this same issue as well as dropped calls. The 3G service is not what it used to be. Starting about last November I have been having issues as well. Verizon is now performing like an expensive T-Mobile. I have tried your suggestions but to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Auburnhort,

It's imperative that you have reliable service that you can count on. May I ask what zip code you're located in? Do you have an iPhone 4 as well? Are you running the latest software on the device?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
auburnhort

zip is 36854. I am running the latest software and do have an iphone 4. I contacted tech support by phone and they had me realign my signal and were supposed to call back Monday but I have not heard back from them as of yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

auburnhort,

Oh no! I am sorry to hear you have not receive a call back from tech support. Let's get this matter resolved and taken cared of. Please follow me and send me a direct message so I can further assist you.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hcariker

I am having the same problem, and it started last November also.  So far, I have replaced my daughter's iphone 3 times with no avail.  Of course, this was after I had *228, reset network settings, power cycling, etc.  I have spent hours on the phone with VZW tech services while they go over the VZW script.  My feeling after reading all the posts on the subject is that VZW knows it has a problem with the 3g iphone, but either doesn't know how to fix it or is afraid the cost will be to great.  What happens is VZW gives the customer a run-around hoping they will get discouraged and give up.  My family is probably going to switch to AT&T after our contract is up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hcariker - We want you and your family to always have the very best device experience! May I ask the current iOS version that is running on the device through Settings>General>About? Is this only affecting web browsing or all data through other applications? I am eager to finally get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes