3 way calls
sunman

I have been with AT&T ever since the I phone come out.  I am very happy with the phone service.  I put 3000 plus minutes a month on my iphone.  With that my phone saves me a lot of time solving problems with employee's or customers.  with that in mind here are issues that I have that I did not have with the AT&T data service

1.  when making a three way call I now dont show who is on the call switching between the two.  

2.  when a incoming call comes in while I am on the line, I cant disconnect the other call and hit end without hanging up both of them.  With that, I might have a customer on the line with one of my employees and if i want to continue on with one of the calls I could of went back to the call and hang up one of the calls and keep the one I want to stay on the line.

3.  I can only have max of  two calls at any given time.  I was able to have 8 or 9 callers before and do a conference call at one time.

4.  also when merging calls it takes a little while to bring the calls together, but cant hang on of the calls up as I talked about in line two.  

5.  I also cannot talk to a customer while he sends me a email while i am on the phone

I guess I know that there is some bugs to work out, and willing to work thru them.  I was wondering if this is anything to fix this in the works.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3 way calls
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for your input everyone. I wanted to add some additional information below about three-way calling that may be helpful. 

How to Use Three-Way Calling

1. While on the first call, dial the 10-digit number of the second person.
  2. Press SEND; the first person is automatically put on hold while the call is made.
  3. When the 2nd person answers, press SEND to create a conference call.
  4. If the second person does not answer, press the SEND key twice to end the connection and go back to the first person.
  5. To end both conversations completely, press the END key.

How do I set up 3-Way Calling?

To Initiate 3-Way Calling:

2. Press SEND; the first person is automatically put on hold while the call is made.
  3. When the second person answers, press SEND to create a conference call.
  4. If the second person does not answer, press the SEND key twice to end the connection and go back to the first person.

Can I turn a call waiting call into a 3-Way call?

No, but you do have the option to speak to the second caller by pressing SEND. To return to the first call, press SEND again. To switch between the two calls, press SEND.

What are the airtime charges for 3-Way Calling?

Airtime charges apply for all three calls while all parties remain on the line in accordance with your Calling Plan.

What happens if someone calls while I am using 3-Way Calling?

If someone tries to call you while a 3-Way call is in progress, they will either hear a busy signal or will be forwarded to your voice mail. If you have activated call forwarding, the call will be forwarded immediately.

How do you release one call and continue with the other?

To disconnect one or both parties, ask them to hang up.

KinquanaH_VZW

View solution in original post

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

sunman wrote:

I have been with AT&T ever since the I phone come out.  I am very happy with the phone service.  I put 3000 plus minutes a month on my iphone.  With that my phone saves me a lot of time solving problems with employee's or customers.  with that in mind here are issues that I have that I did not have with the AT&T data service

1.  when making a three way call I now dont show who is on the call switching between the two.  

2.  when a incoming call comes in while I am on the line, I cant disconnect the other call and hit end without hanging up both of them.  With that, I might have a customer on the line with one of my employees and if i want to continue on with one of the calls I could of went back to the call and hang up one of the calls and keep the one I want to stay on the line.

I would think this would fall under the "feature not available with Verizon" area versus being a bug. What you're wanting is a bit more than the basic call waiting. If you hit end it will disconnect both calls...this might be different for business accounts. Or I am not understanding what you are wanting.

3.  I can only have max of  two calls at any given time.  I was able to have 8 or 9 callers before and do a conference call at one time.

If I'm not mistaken, conference calls are not available with Verizon. That wouldn't make it a bug...it''s just not a feature with Verizon (someone may correct me on this one)

4.  also when merging calls it takes a little while to bring the calls together, but cant hang on of the calls up as I talked about in line two.  

5.  I also cannot talk to a customer while he sends me a email while i am on the phone

You can't do this on Verizon 3G. Voice and Data are not possible unless you are using wifi.

I think the fact that you said "AT&T data service" is probably the reason you're having trouble...those things aren't bugs at all...just limitations of 3G CDMA vs GSM. Again, I may not be understanding what you are saying...

I guess I know that there is some bugs to work out, and willing to work thru them.  I was wondering if this is anything to fix this in the works.

Thanks

0 Likes
uahollem

the only thing I am famiiar with is the conference calling.  I can be on the phone with one person and hit "add call" and dial someone else and "merge" them.  But only one other person.  At the top of the iphone screen during the call it says "Conference Call" and then a banner goes across reminding me who is part of the call (if the names are in my contacts).

But I can only add one other person to an already established call. So yes, conference calling (although limited) is available.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for your input everyone. I wanted to add some additional information below about three-way calling that may be helpful. 

How to Use Three-Way Calling

3. When the 2nd person answers, press SEND to create a conference call.

How do I set up 3-Way Calling?

To Initiate 3-Way Calling:

3. When the second person answers, press SEND to create a conference call.

Can I turn a call waiting call into a 3-Way call?

No, but you do have the option to speak to the second caller by pressing SEND. To return to the first call, press SEND again. To switch between the two calls, press SEND.

What are the airtime charges for 3-Way Calling?

Airtime charges apply for all three calls while all parties remain on the line in accordance with your Calling Plan.

What happens if someone calls while I am using 3-Way Calling?

If someone tries to call you while a 3-Way call is in progress, they will either hear a busy signal or will be forwarded to your voice mail. If you have activated call forwarding, the call will be forwarded immediately.

How do you release one call and continue with the other?

To disconnect one or both parties, ask them to hang up.

KinquanaH_VZW

nanna24
Contributor - Level 2
Good info
0 Likes
chocohappy

I tried to add call when other party calls me during the phone call.

The + button doesn't function for 5 to 6 seconds so I have to keep pushing it until it responds.

This is a serious bug that Verizon iphone has. They have to resolve this issue.

When I had AT& T, it never wroked like this. As soon as I call another line, it allowed me to merge two calls.

But not with Verizon.

0 Likes
Nettah

I understand exactly what you are saying. I actually just made a forum of my own asking the same question before I read yours. I was also with AT&T and it was easy to swap between calls and end one and not the other, but now I have to either combine them into a 3-way call or just hang up on everyone. Maybe this was a feature that only AT&T had, but it seems like a simple feature that I would have assumed that Verizon would have had as well. Hopefully this will be fixed soon with updates. Sorry I wasn't any help, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I have seen something along the lines of this on the iPhone 4 User Guide (downloadable in the iBooks bookstore for free)

Verizon doesn't support many 3 way/conference call based features like AT&T does due to CDMA limitations, because of that, the Verizon/CDMA version of iOS has subtle differences in the call app

There are workarounds for some of the limitations, but some of them require you to end both calls and call the given caller back, or if you want to add a caller and they call you, you have to deny their call and call them back yourself (3 way calling on Verizon/CDMA doesn't support inbound calls from the second caller)

None of the limitations are due to Verizon themselves, but instead Qualcomm's CDMA technology

0 Likes