PROMOTIONS TO CONFUSE CUSTOMERS

LCL1

Ordered a new IPhone 11 because of a promotion and added a new line.   I received the phone last week and I went into the store in San Francisco to trade in an old IPhone because the promotion said I can get $300 back in credit.  The store rep said that I had to switch my plan to the new Unlimited first.  I don't want the new Unlimited Plan and I don't recall the terms of the offer as I only saw it online.  I asked him to print out the terms as I can't read very well on his little IPad.  He said he can't print it.  So I asked if I can take photos of the IPad screen showing the terms.  He said no.  So what kind of business practice is this?  It seems pretty shady to me that Verizon offers a promotion but refuses to show the customer the terms of the promotion.  All I wanted to verify was that I'm entitled to the $300 trade in without having to switch to the Unlimited Plan.

0 Likes

Re: PROMOTIONS TO CONFUSE CUSTOMERS

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The promotion states that you can "Get up to $450 off a new iPhone with select trade-in and Unlimited."

From  Smartphones and clicking the 'i' next to the promotion tag above the listing for the iPhone 11.

0 Likes

LCL1

tikibar1 - I wish it's that simple.

The Verizon store rep said that since I ordered the phone in Sept (the phone arrived in Oct), I am under the September promotion.  That's why I wanted to see what the terms are for the September promotion.  The current promotion in October you referred to reads:

And get:

Up to $300 (new lines) or $100 (upgrades).

Plus, get a $200 Prepaid Mastercard when you switch to Verizon on Unlimited.

1. Add any iPhone as a new smartphone line with port-in to your account on any Unlimited plan.

To me, it means that I get $300 for a new line and get additional $200 if I switch to Unlimited.  Since this is a new line and I don't have a line to port over, I would not qualify for the extra $200.  If I don't want the extra $200, why do I have to switch to Unlimited to get my $300?

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Most decent promotions require an unlimited plan. The terms will either drop the phrase "Unlimited" or state "no plan requirement". That's straight forward.

0 Likes
Highlighted

bearone21
Leader

promotions seen online aren't necessarily the same in the verizon store.

what you did online, needed to be completed online.

0 Likes