New iPhone 11 pro max cannot call or receive calls
vnorman

Bought a new iPhone 11 pro max yesterday morning and asked that my old iphone number be moved to the new phone, i.e., a phone replace. New phone is great but no calls possible in or out. Everything still going to my old phone. What stupid thing am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New iPhone 11 pro max cannot call or receive calls
bigjohn21

Same problem and the My Verizon app hangs on startup. Problem is probably with device activation. When someone calls, it rings on both the old and new phone. I can answer on the new one, but I cannot make any calls or receive texts.

I guess i'll have to goto the verizon store and spend 30 minutes waiting in line for a simple software reset.

0 Likes
vnorman
BigJohn, I tried everything to resolve the problem and couldn’t. Simple solution is to use a paper clip to pull out sim tray from your old phone and put the sim into the new phone. I didn’t want to do that. I finally got it resolved with an online chat with Verizon; the tech fixed it in one minute. Good luck.
0 Likes
victorq6201

the sim card slot doesn't respond. The pin slot doesn't respond. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

victorq6201, we want to ensure you can open your sim card slot as needed. To do so, please follow these steps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228149/. If the sim slot does not disengage, your SIM card may be dislodged, and you will want to visit a VZW or Apple store location to ensure it can be safely removed from your device. 

-Genesis

0 Likes