Horrible Cell Service and Getting Worse
KaineBellJust
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the Washington DC Area, (20009 zipcode) and all of a sudden my cell service has gotten HORRIBLE. I can barely make outgoing calls at all, it doesn't even ring. All "successful" calls are breaking up the entire time or the call drops, and when incoming calls come in - I'm just saying "hello? hello?" into the line and later told by the person who called me that for them it just went straight to voicemail. There are two rooms of my house (which is in a busy metropolitan area, not the middle of nowhere!) where my phone is just ... full ghost town. No way for me to be contacted at all. Can't text, call, facetime, use the safari browser, use any apps that require LTE, NOTHING. 

I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 13.5.1 and haven't had this problem before. It just started within the past few weeks. Is there a cell tower down? Or something? It's really frustrating during this pandemic to be isolated with no means of communication!

PS - I also have an iPad Pro, newest model, 12.9 inch screen. I can facetime with the iPad and the quality is so-so, not as bad as my phone but not nearly what I would call "good". Lots of breaking up and freezing, and doesn't work at all in my "dead zone" rooms. PLEASE ASSIST! 

Labels (1)
Re: Horrible Cell Service and Getting Worse
Elephants22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problems! I have paid the extra money for Verizon for twenty years because it used to have the best coverage wherever I went in the US. Now, I can't make a call from my home. I can sometimes get all the way through a call if I go outside. It's so frustrating because we don't have a land line and can't even talk to our parents, or service people about our home because we can't complete a call! Chat suggestions have not solved the problem, even though they did make a few suggestions (turn-0ff wifi calling and HD voice). I am now trying to figure out which carrier can provide reliable service, but everyone I ask also has Verizon and also has the same bad service lately!

kerrib63
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same issue on Long Island. Got the iPhone 11 Pro in December and it’s been terrible since. Calls always dropping or breaking up or not coming through. Constantly try to load internet and having to turn wifi off and on trying to trick the phone. It’s absolutely ridiculous!!! Pay so much money for terrible service. Might be time to look to switch. I know several companies offering buyout programs, gonna have to look. Verizon went from the best to the worst real quick!! And so stupid expensive!! 

0 Likes
Mattnc17

Exactly the same in Kansas....except my service went from great to HORRIBLE when i went from prepaid to post paid....wish i never would have switched!

0 Likes
brakeyawself
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been AWFUL for at least two months now in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn.  I can't make or get calls in my own home.  I had FULL bars for years now, up until about two months ago.   Had full bars in my house, now I literally have no bars.  I can't even contact Verizon on my phone from my house.  No one is helping me.  I am seriously going to leave Verizon very soon.  The entire reason I was willing to spend extra money for Verizon cell service, which is very expensive, is because of how good the coverage was everywhere.  Now it is awful in my area.  And there is no fix in site , they just log my complaints but actually do NOTHING.

Seriously, I am sick of this. 

0 Likes
johnnyhammersticks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue in Wilmington, Delaware. Lucky to have more that one bar anywhere I go. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear you are coming across these issues. May we ask when this first started? Also, what services are effected when you have one bar? Calls, texts, and/or data?

-Christine

0 Likes
randjb83

My problems started when I purchased the iphone 11 last month.  The cell and wi-fi is the worst.  I can't facetime on either my phone or my ipad without it freezing up.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randjb83, having issues with your devices is a pain we do not want you to have. We would love the opportunity to help you get your devices back on track. Has any troubleshooting need done? 

-Jacob

0 Likes