Complaint Against Employee at Verizon Store - Cambridge on Auburn street
ayd2101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had an extremely poor experience with an employee at the Verizon store (he was one of the senior managers, a 40 something year old gentleman). First of all, I have been a Verizon customer for years and have visited numerous stores and from my experience standard protocol is to ask if someone is a Verizon customer and pull up their account. He did none of that. I had come in for some help with my iPhone 11 and case that I had purchased from Verizon (at another location) and he made it seem like it was the greatest inconvenience. First, he kept asking if the account was mine as if he didn't believe me (I'm a young woman of color), even though I made an appointment he never spent any dedicated time with me (he kept saying he had to see other people) and I was the last person to leave who came in around that time - it shouldn't have taken an hour of my time for him to help me put the case on the phone and activitate it.  Then he refused to pull up the receipt on my account for my previous phone and case (I had it in my email, but if I purchased it from you he should have been able to pull it up). He also kept saying it was my fault the phone had activation problems because I couldn't remember my PIN and that he was going out of his job responsibilities to help me (which I am honestly flabbergasted by because I'm a Verizon customer having a question about a device and account so it is his within his job description to help). He also kept telling me he needed to help another customer when in fact he was speaking to another employee who was in training (not sure how that was more important than an actual customer with an issue).

All I can say is it felt as though he wasn't paying attention to me because I was a young woman of color and he made assumptions about who was the account holder. I found the experience extremely disrespectful and unprofessional and PATRONIZING, and believe that this should be handled swiftly. I am more than happy to discuss further because store managers shouldn't be able to treat people like this (unless you want a lawsuit or public relations nightmare in this day and age). Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint Against Employee at Verizon Store - Cambridge on Auburn street
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

1.   What’s the problem with your phone in case did you come to discuss?    If you purchased them at a different location why didn’t you go back to the location of original purchase? 

2.    Retail stores do not fix phones. Their job is sales. Unless you were asking to be sold another case and another screen cover to replace the one you already have they have no business touching your phone. 

3.   Your iPhone is warranted through Apple directly. If you were having a problem with your iPhone please make an appointment with the genius bar. 

4.   If you have user locked or screen locked your phone and cannot remember your pin code you need to reset your phone with iCloud. This wipes all content off your phone. Hopefully you do regular back up so that it can all be restored from your last back up.   See 3.  

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

You also should realize that when you walk into the store with the phone in hand, cannot give him any account information, the phone is screen locked. The natural assumption no matter what your age or color or gender is that the phone is not yours. He should correctly assume that you picked up a lost phone, or took a phone that didn’t belong to you.

I think that Verizon will consider his actions correct.   It is his job to protect customers equipment and data. And since you could not prove you were the customer and correct owner of the phone in anyway he had every reason to turn you away. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

good luck with getting any traction on the complaint.

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

User locks can’t be unlocked by anyone other than the user.  

Had you asked Apple, which is where you have 90 days of free support, they can tell you how to access:   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

0 Likes