Calls keep going to voicemail iPhone 11
Irishbuckeye
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is not on Do Not Disturb and yet my calls are constantly going to voicemail. Sometimes I don’t even get a notification that there is a voicemail. I did get a pop up about provider update so I am not sure if that is part of the problem because it was doing this even before this update. I have issues with dropped calls as well. Do I need to change carriers?

Labels (1)
Re: Calls keep going to voicemail iPhone 11
bearone21
Legend

dnd all the time?

they will continue until you make exceptions for both messages + calls in dnd.

0 Likes
Irishbuckeye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not, nor have I ever used DND on any of my phones. I did double check to make sure it wasn’t turn on by mistake and it is not. 

bearone21
Legend

do you have when screen locked checked?

0 Likes
YDNAS0424
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem and I have checked to make sure that do not disturb is not on, calls when the phone is locked isn’t checked off. I’ve rebooted, nothing seems to work. My calls go straight to voicemail and they are calls I need to receive. I only have a cell phone so it is really inconvenient.

0 Likes
Irishbuckeye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have that turned off as well so all calls should go through. This is my second iPhone 11 since the first one was clearly a lemon. I am thinking I should have kept my 6s plus it changed brands. Nothing but issues with the 11 pro max 

0 Likes
jpiszcz
Contributor - Level 1

I also had the same issue-- it started around July 23rd with an iPhone 11 Pro Max, the two actions taken that got rid of it for me (I don't have a proven root cause, just what fixed it on my end)

1. The most probable may appear to be having too many voicemails saved.  Verizon unregistered/re-registered the phone number at one point and I had ~10-15+ voicemails suddenly show up, after deleting all of them, the problem went away.

2. Second, this may just be coincidence; however, I did ask to undo Verizon UP and unsubscribe from combine FiOS/Wireless option (that's when this problem started).

After performing both actions, the problem has not recurred.

Additional reading on this issue can be found below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/hytlpx/inbound_calls_going_to_voicemail_since_july_2324/

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1912209-Missing-Calls-iPhone-XS-Doesn-t-Ring

0 Likes