$200 Credit Card Promotion - False Advertising
lpr55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just signed up with Verizon after Christmas. I had been with another provider with an older Iphone and was looking to upgrade to Iphone 11. I did extensive due dilligence, went to both Verizon and the other supplier's store each twice. At the end of the day the big difference was the $200 gift card the Verizon store offered to sign up, which was offered after BOTH visits. So I signed up.

When I went to register for the card a week later, I received an error message. I went back to the store and asked for assistance and the told me the card offer was a mistake, it was unavailable but as compensation they would waive the activation fee of $40. I protested vigorously and they could have cared less. It was their mistake, not mine and I feel that I was duped with a false offer into buying into Verizon. They offered to let me return the phone, but who wants to go through another half day hassle between Verizon and another supplier to port over. In my opinion this is  false advertising and highly unethical.

By the way, they gave me a number for Customer Care to call, but advised I would likely not have any luck there, as others with the same issue had not received satisfaction either. You mean there are others???!!! I did call the customer care number but hung up after being on hold for 20 minutes.

Labels (1)
Re: $200 Credit Card Promotion - False Advertising
GiftCardScamVictim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I had read the compliants in this forum before I too fell victim to the Verizon bring your own phone $200 Rebate scam. November 2019, I added three lines, bringing two existing I-phones, and purchasing a third I-phone from Verizon after being told by a sales rep that all three would be eligible for the rebate. Well it's now January and after two months of being strung along....by reps promissing that the three rebates were still processing...the rebate center now claims that the rebates are not eligible. This is a classic game of bait and switch, false advertisment, and poor business. I would love to see an attorney form a class action law suit and put the screws to Verizon for doing this to consumers. I strongly encourage everyone that experiences similiar issues to post about it on Instagram, Twitter, FaceBook, and any other platform that they may have access to. Posting only on this site limits the visibility, and we need to bring this shamefull practice of Verizon into the light for the public to know so that they won't fall victim to the scam.

0 Likes