Re: can i occasionally use my smartphone sim in my ipad
rcschnoor
Legend

@Benitez147 wrote:

I think Verizon is lying when they say the vast majority of people do not use more than 22 GB of data. More people are using data now more than ever. Wait until 4K becomes the norm and people start to stream that. It will eat up data like crazy. Have you read other threads on these community forums of people being on Get More done over by Verizon complaining about getting throttled even before they get to the 75GB limit.  

This is where we disagree. What I know for a fact is that no one in my family uses anywhere close to 25 GB in a month. No one I know does either. 4 days left in my billing cycle and the closest anyone has is 19 GB used. The next closest is only 9 GB used. I don't know anyone who has or needs the 75 GB limit, so I can't say about that. Everyone I know only has the 25 GB limits and doesn't come close to it and has never complained about having their data "throttled".

@Benitez147 wrote:

You also get 30GB mobile hotspot in which I can use ALL of my data for tethering. Have you streamed baseball games on a TV the whole season without getting throttled? It is pretty neat. 

Haven't watched a baseball game in at least 5 years, so no. I stream 10-12 hours of golf/tennis every week, though, and have no problems.

@Benitez147 wrote:

I tried to see how much I would pay for the current set up on the mix and match plans and I have which is 2 lines and the total came up to 130 before taxes and fees which makes it about $30 more a month than I pay now. I can't speak on Verizon only offering a discount only on the main line for unlimited as I have only had 2 lines on my account. 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone 

Well I can as I had 4 smartphones, 2 with the original unlimited data. One was discounted, one was not.

@Benitez147 wrote:

Not sure where you came up that im losing money as I am actually saving money and get to use as much data as I want without slowing. People who have TMoBlow and Sprint out of the store connect to my jetpack to get a reliable signal on their phones. If I added two more true unlimited data plans then it would jump up to $120 more a month which I would gladly pay, bet you if people had the option to get this plan then they would pay it to know they are not going to get throttled. 

I do have "unlimited" minutes. I am almost done with my monthly cycle and 0 minutes used. See below picture. Can you hear me now Verizon? Ha ha ha 

From the photo you have shown, I find it even more unlikely you have "unlimited" minutes. What it appears you have is "unlimited" Night & Weekend, Verizon Mobile to Mobile and Friends & Family minutes.( I remember those days of juggling my Friends & Family just to keep under my anytime minute allowance) Your Anytime minutes are most likely taken from your allotted monthly allowance but if you don't make many calls which don't fall under one of the other categories that shouldn't matter a whole lot. At least one line on my account makes around 2000 minutes/month which would not fall under any of those "unlimited" categories. I remember when Nationwide was the current plan and people were always complaining that Verizon Mobile to AT&T Mobile(as an example) was not included under Mobile to Mobile minutes. That is because only Verizon to Verizon mobile minutes were eligible. I also remember people were always asking to have Night & Weekend minutes to start earlier in the day. As to your photo, I can't see anywhere it says you have unlimited minutes.

Regardless, there is one way we are both the same. We are both able to stream as much as we would like without having our data slowed. I pay LESS then I would be paying had I stayed with the original "unlimited" data plan and you are paying LESS then you would be paying had you switched to one of the newer "unlimited" data plans.

All I can say is EVEN had I kept my original unlimited data plan when the current unlimited data plans came out, I would most likely switch from the old plan to the new plan since I would be saving around $100/month.

Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

Rcschnoor said: "

From the photo you have shown, I find it even more unlikely you have "unlimited" minutes. What it appears you have is "unlimited" Night & Weekend, Verizon Mobile to Mobile and Friends & Family minutes.( I remember those days of juggling my Friends & Family just to keep under my anytime minute allowance) Your Anytime minutes are most likely taken from your allotted monthly allowance but if you don't make many calls which don't fall under one of the other categories that shouldn't matter a whole lot. At least one line on my account makes around 2000 minutes/month which would not fall under any of those "unlimited" categories. I remember when Nationwide was the current plan and people were always complaining that Verizon Mobile to AT&T Mobile(as an example) was not included under Mobile to Mobile minutes. That is because only Verizon to Verizon mobile minutes were eligible. I also remember people were always asking to have Night & Weekend minutes to start earlier in the day. As to your photo, I can't see anywhere it says you have unlimited minutes.

Regardless, there is one way we are both the same. We are both able to stream as much as we would like without having our data slowed. I pay LESS then I would be paying had I stayed with the original "unlimited" data plan and you are paying LESS then you would be paying had you switched to one of the newer "unlimited" data plans.

All I can say is EVEN had I kept my original unlimited data plan when the current unlimited data plans came out, I would most likely switch from the old plan to the new plan since I would be saving around $100/month."

On paper I have the 550 nationwide loyalty minute plan which is nights and weekends and unlimited Verizon to Verizon. I have made many calls and 0 minutes used which is why I said I have "unlimited" minutes. I mentioned this trick in other threads. If you make/receive Wi-Fi calls through the Verizon messages app, then minutes are not counted against your monthly allowance.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@Benitez147 wrote:

On paper I have the 550 nationwide loyalty minute plan which is nights and weekends and unlimited Verizon to Verizon. I have made many calls and 0 minutes used which is why I said I have "unlimited" minutes. I mentioned this trick in other threads. If you make/receive Wi-Fi calls through the Verizon messages app, then minutes are not counted against your monthly allowance.

That's what I thought. It is just that when you exaggerate part of your story, it makes it harder to believe the rest of your story. I found an old flyer online which states the actual prices of the Nationwide plans. While it would be nice to be able to always make calls via wifi, that is not always possible which is why I was on a Nationwide plan with a much larger pot of shared minutes before I started to get charged for calls by the minute.

The flyer ALSO shows why your claim of being on an "unlimited" minute plan was so hard to believe with an original unlimited data plan added on. While the flyer does not list any "loyalty" plans and the discount is obviously different from what you are getting, it does show how your claim of being on an "unlimited" minute plan with an original unlimited data package while having a bill under $100 is not to be believed. Next time, just let others know what plan you "actually" have instead of exaggerating to make your story look better. Most people who used to have one of the older plans will see thru the subterfuge and will be able to point out the inconsistencies of your story.

Regardless, it is good that you have found a plan with which you are happy.

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

Rschnoor said: "That's what I thought. It is just that when you exaggerate part of your story, it makes it harder to believe the rest of your story. I found an old flyer online which states the actual prices of the Nationwide plans. While it would be nice to be able to always make calls via wifi, that is not always possible which is why I was on a Nationwide plan with a much larger pot of shared minutes before I started to get charged for calls by the minute.

The flyer ALSO shows why your claim of being on an "unlimited" minute plan was so hard to believe with an original unlimited data plan added on. While the flyer does not list any "loyalty" plans and the discount is obviously different from what you are getting, it does show how your claim of being on an "unlimited" minute plan with an original unlimited data package while having a bill under $100 is not to be believed. Next time, just let others know what plan you "actually" have instead of exaggerating to make your story look better. Most people who used to have one of the older plans will see thru the subterfuge and will be able to point out the inconsistencies of your story.

Regardless, it is good that you have found a plan with which you are happy."

That's why I put the " marks when I typed "unlimited" minutes. I thought that gave the indication that it is not officially unlimited minutes on my plan, but I do get unlimited minutes regardless because I use as many minutes as I want each month without using my minute allowance. Everything I have said on this thread and past threads has been the correct answer with Nationwide plans and nothing I said was exaggerating as I do get as many minutes as I want via Wi-Fi using my verizon number. Call quality is perfect and has been for years. That's a benefit of living in a city where 4G is always available. Yes, the Nationwide Loyalty Plan was a plan that was only offered to loyalists like myself. Hopefully the "experts" read these responses on these threads and remeber this information so they can pass it along when someone from a Nationwide Plan asks and not try to tell them lies to get them on to a new plan.

Thank you for your well wishes.   

0 Likes