Why won't my iPad mini connect to my Jetpack ac791l?
C1arkB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our MacBooks and T-Mobile iPhone connect to the JetPack easily. The iPad will not.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad mini will not connect to Jetpack ac791l
C1arkB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, AlbertoR_VZW, for your response.

I was able to find a solution in another thread. To answer your questions: Yes, the iPad mini easily connects to other wifi networks.

What happen was that the iPad sees the JetPack network and tries to connect a couple of times. Then it gives up and connects to another available network. There is never an error message of any kind.

The solution was to tell the iPad to 'Forget this network'. The next time it found it, it connected fine.

Also, an earlier suggestion someone made in still another thread was to change the network name in the JetPack. I did not try that but that would have the same effect as 'Forget this network'.

Problem solved. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C1arkB, that is strange that other device connect to the Jetpack. Let’s figure this out. Does the iPad Mini connect to other WIFI connections? What happens when you try to connect to the Jetpack?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
C1arkB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, AlbertoR_VZW, for your response.

I was able to find a solution in another thread. To answer your questions: Yes, the iPad mini easily connects to other wifi networks.

What happen was that the iPad sees the JetPack network and tries to connect a couple of times. Then it gives up and connects to another available network. There is never an error message of any kind.

The solution was to tell the iPad to 'Forget this network'. The next time it found it, it connected fine.

Also, an earlier suggestion someone made in still another thread was to change the network name in the JetPack. I did not try that but that would have the same effect as 'Forget this network'.

Problem solved. Thanks again.

0 Likes