Global Roaming (Banner Display on iPad mini Retina)
jordantball
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will be possibly traveling next year to Canada and a few years to the Philippines and I have an iPad mini RETINA and I was wondering what the banner that shows (The amount of signal Verizon LTE) will say when I enter those countries, so I know what network I am on while I'm outside the United States. I have the more everything plan and global roaming enabled now on my account. I was just wondering if it will show that country's carrier name or will it display extended network or roaming? Hope this question makes sense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Global Roaming (Banner Display on iPad mini Retina)
Weth
Legend

Country's carrier name.

The global roaming charges are very expensive, so don't use the pay per use Roaming.  When you travel, add one of the global plans with 100 MB of data.  Better yet, if you are in the country for any length of time, a local SIM is a far cheaper and usually better option.  These are available all over these days when you arrive.  

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Country's carrier name.

The global roaming charges are very expensive, so don't use the pay per use Roaming.  When you travel, add one of the global plans with 100 MB of data.  Better yet, if you are in the country for any length of time, a local SIM is a far cheaper and usually better option.  These are available all over these days when you arrive.  

jordantball
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes