Account Problems
tomcdman58

I am having some issues with an Ipad upgrade.  I have spoken with and been hung up on and transferred incorrect places.  I am writing here hoping someone can assist me or has maybe had a similar issue.   I had an Ipad Air 3, paid off more than half so when the ipad air 4 came out I saw I could return my Ipad Air 3 in excellent condition and then upgrade to the Ipad Air 4.  I received the Ipad Air 4 and returned the Ipad Air 3 (they recd it back on Nov 17).  I activated the new Ipad without issue.  Then I started receiving emails to activate my new device (even though it was activated).  After the 3rd email I chatted with a rep who did a re-activation and said all was good.  Well today I received another email telling me that if I did not activate my new device by 12/26/20 I would be charged the full price on my bill.  So I called Verizon and spoke with a rep who said they were going to transfer me to customer care but ended up transferring me to some outside company.  So I call back and spoke to another rep, we were on for about 45 minutes and she was going back and forth between me and another group.  I am not sure if it was by accident or not but I got hung up on.  So I called back and spoke to another rep (all of the were extremely professional).  She checked with another department and they told her it was because I had not paid off the ipad air 3 before getting the ipad 4.  I let her know that was true but I did not have to pay it all off, I could return the ipad 3 because I had paid over half (which is the option I chose when ordering).  She is being told they only do that for phones and not tablets.  Why would I return a perfectly good ipad air 3 and still keep paying for it?  I am sorry for the long post and hope someone can shed light on this or if anybody has been through this before.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching and sharing the details of your situation, tomcdman58. We'd be glad to help look into this and get everything sorted out with you. The Early Upgrade or Annual Upgrade is something only available with certain phone models, but not tablets. To check things with the account and order, please send us a Private Message. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
tomcdman58

If that is the case then why was the option to return the ipad  available for me.  If it was not available I would not have needed to return the old one I could have just purchased a new one on another number.  Why was there two options 1. pay off device and keep and then get a new one or 2. return device after half was paid and then get a new one.  Who would keep paying on a device that they returned for a newer model, that is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let us take a closer look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes