Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a little googling and found that this is common in other Xperia phones after the lollipop update https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Messaging-not-working-after-Android-5-1-1-update/td-p/10477...

I'm not sure if they will have a solution as I've not read them all but sonys forum seems to have tons of threads like this so surely there's an answer in there somewhere

0 Likes
mighty689
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately this doesn't fix it for me, either. Thanks though

0 Likes
nh_handyman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the update pushed to my phone also. 

When sending txt messages (if it matters, to other verizon numbers) the Google Messenger app does not display the text I send in the app - however, it is sent.

To see what I am sending, I needed to use Verizon's messenger app (which I hate).

What is going on with this?

0 Likes
JamesD3
Enthusiast - Level 2

My other line is still holding out hope that someone will find a solution that doesn't involve the factory reset.  If anyone finds anything that works please post it up in detail.

0 Likes
StaciP910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello.  Aren't we glad we got ourselves a Lollipop?  Well, I did the update Thursday night, everything went fine.  This morning could not send or receive texts.  Spoke with Tech Support.  Came to realize that this OS update will ONLY work with Verizon's Message+ App and not with stock or 3rd party message Apps.  Not a bug or glitch, seemingly by design (customized Lollipop features for Verizon network I guess).  Good Luck!

0 Likes
JSTEWART204

unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

StaciP910. That is not true. Do a factory reset and all messaging programs work just fine. 

And really, with an update this big, a factory reset is a great idea. Even when upgrading Windows it's always better to start from scratch than upgrade over an old OS.

wildcatroc

Discovered the same problem that others are reporting about 24 hours after updating.

0 Likes
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree Stylerod! FDR's suck, but a good idea. It doesn't take too long to do, but it's just trying to get everything set back up that's a pain. Though a good chance to get rid of apps you don't use much.

I only spent a couple hours at work playing with Lollipop, so only really noticed the Messaging bug. I'm sure glad the FDR I did fixed issues. Now time to see how battery life looks once I have a chance to drain it and fully charge from dead.

0 Likes
StaciP910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stylerod, so after FDR you regained stock messaging and 3rd party apps?  GREAT idea.  The VZW tech support was useless.  Just kept asking me the same dumb questions over and again.  Was I connected to wifi, what was the error msg, etc.  Although, the VZW message + is not as bad as I thought it would be.  This upgrade was supposedly a 2 part update, when will the 2nd part update?  We're supposed to get simultaneous voice and data.  I am still getting the Mobile data unavailable error while I am talking.

0 Likes