Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
Trixter
Enthusiast - Level 1

As the title says; the updates downloaded and installed without any issues, and HD Voice is now working and sounds great -- but now I cannot send or receive texts.  Attempting to do so shows a small error at the top of the screen "Could Not Send" which goes away after 2 seconds.  Rebooting the phone did not help.

Texting is one of the primary reasons I own a cell phone.  Can someone from Verizon help troubleshoot this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

StaciP910. That is not true. Do a factory reset and all messaging programs work just fine. 

And really, with an update this big, a factory reset is a great idea. Even when upgrading Windows it's always better to start from scratch than upgrade over an old OS.

View solution in original post

JamesD3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same issue as well on two lines - as we both have upgraded to Lollipop.  It won't work with the default app or a third party app.  Calling is fine but no texting, not good to see.

Danismith330
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing for me! Seriously pissed about this! The main thing I use my phone for is texting, so Verizon needs to address and fix this issue NOW!!

JamesD3
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I hit up the chat representative and their only suggestions was a factory reset (not an option really) and to talk to Sony if that doesn't work - if it's a "mass problem" then they might have to do something.  Third party program doesn't work, Messenging doesn't work, Messages+ works but it is the worst SMS app I have ever seen.  Clearly there is something in this update that has caused issues with the texting service.  So if you read this and you're having this issue post and let Verizon know, maybe they'll help out their customers.

0 Likes
BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat. I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone, but if anyone has tried that can you let us know if it was successful?

0 Likes
kwk984

Same thing here... this is awful. No excuse for a miss like this.

0 Likes
Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I have the same issue. WTF? They make up wait way too long for this update and then something as important as texting doesn't work?

Going to try the factory reset and see what happens.

0 Likes
Woodwhisper

Same phone,  same issue

0 Likes
GS67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this happened to other users that updated to lollipop on regular Z3's. the solutions they mentioned did not work for me.

1. Clearing all old messages (Settings > Apps > All > Messaging > Clear data)

2. Trying 3rd party apps (only Verizons' Message+ works so far)

That's where I'm at!

0 Likes
JamesD3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw other users in other forums from months ago report Textra was working for them and I downloaded it and it is working for me.  However, still no joy on Go SMS Pro or Messenger.

0 Likes