Xperia Z3v - Will we see a Stagefright patch?
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can we expect Verizon to protect its customers by allowing us to upgrade the OS to a version NOT vulnerable to one of the worst Android exploits to date? The lack of updates for the Xperia Z3v and my last phone, the Google Nexus will have me changing providers. Verizon has the worst customer support of any provider I've had experience with.

As Verizon won't invest in securing my device, can I get a voucher for a new phone purchase?

Labels (1)
Re: Xperia Z3v - Will we see a Stagefright patch?
TheBeeze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second this. An update needs to happen. Verizon, what's the problem? I've had this phone since launch day and was promised an update for simultaneous calling. Never got it. Stage fright now, never got one. What is the deal? This phone was so under advertised with one of the best batteries and cameras in your line.

I've been emailing and calling for over a year now. A straight answer would be appreciated.

0 Likes
cdeitrich00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the phone and the rep said Jan 12 there is a update scheduled. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
TheBeeze
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well Verizon is there any shred of truth to this? Or are your customers just being setup for another let down?

Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like it is probably going to included with the Lollipop update. Yes I said LOLLIPOP!!!!

Enhancements include:

• Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system
  • HD Voice provides high quality call audio, video calling and simultaneous use of voice and data
  • Latest Android security patches

Here's the link from the Verizon Wireless link.

Sony Xperia Z3v Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes