Will Verizon offier the Sony Xperia Z5?
Ashley_Drew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Given that the Sony Xperia Z4 seems to be on perpetual delay and the Z5 has been announced, will Verizon get the Z5? I switched to another carrier to get the Z3 (because I didn't like the Z3v -- sorry, but it was the Z2's body). But now I'm considering switching back. I love the phone but not the service.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon offier the Sony Xperia Z5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to have the latest and greatest, audiophizile. Keeping our relationship with you is also important to us. While the device you seek isn't currently in our lineup, we recommend checking our site for any upcoming releases, as they are broadcast there first. New devices are added throughout the year.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashley_Drew, we hope that you reconsider your decision. We love providing you with great devices on our network. Stay tuned for upcoming phone releases here:

https://vzweb2.verizon.com/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
allaboutthebass

Yeah same problem here. Verizon says it is my internet is too slow. I have a cell phone extender from verizon and hughesnet says they have nothing to do with it. Yet verizon says they do. But they won't get together to fix the problem. Can't get another internet provider in my area so they got me there!  But seriously thinking of leaving verizon if they don't soon do something!

0 Likes
audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope so! I hope they scrap the z4v and get the z5 line instead. I'd go for the standard z5. They totally messed up offering the z3v which was just a worse version of the actual z3. Verizon really doesn't seem to offer great phones. They seem to only care about Samsung and iphone. I hate the direction Samsung went. If they don't offer the z5 as it is it may be time to finally leave. I've been due for an upgrade for months but they either release phones many months after they're out on every other carrier (nexus 6), don't get the phone (lg gflex 2), or release a bad version of a good phone months after the original (z3v). I'm really getting sick of it.

0 Likes
audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I forgot they didn't offer the one decent sounding Samsung phone (though ugly) the s6 active. Though att messed that up only offering a 32gb model.

0 Likes
audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you log into this? I like Verizon's service but it does not seem you offer as many quality phones as other carriers. When you do actually release a phone they come out late and/or altered for the worse from the original. I'm speaking with the exception of all but the iphone, Samsungs standard flagships and 1 of lg's flagships.It's getting frustrating. If you don't get the Sony z5 (in a timely manner and in original form) I will probably be moving my 5 lines to att.

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

I want the Xperia z4v and have been waiting but where is it??? Surprisingly the z4v has the same specs as the new z5 coming out except that instead of a better camera you get a QHD screen versus a standard HD screen for the same price. This is not including the 4K model of the z5 since that's in a different price range. If you were going to get the z5 non 4K then the z4v is actually better then the z5 unless you really want that 3 more megapixels in your camera instead of higher resolution. I will be getting the z4v. VERIZON WHEN IS THIS PHONE COMING AND WHAT IS TAKING SO DANG LONG?!!! Release it!!!!!!

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Seriously Verizon... Where is the Xperia Z4V?! Release it already before I switch to a different provider. You have been waiting to release it for months now and it's ridiculous.

audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you would prefer a barely noticeable difference in screen to having a faster, longer lasting battery phone that takes much better pictures? It's not the megapixels that make the camera better it is EVERYTHING else. Please go compare the screen quality of a droid turbo and s5 or an iPhone 6+ and g3. Tell me how much difference you see (unless you have t-rex arms and casually hold the phone 5 inches from your face) . Is that worth having a slower phone with worse battery life and 3 year old camera sensor? Plus the z4 overheats. They added more cooling to the z5 so it does not.

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I would rather have a QHD screen then a better camera. Almost everything you just said about the z4v is wrong. The z4v is not the z4 at all. In fact, it uses the same coverless USB port as the z5. Also, the battery is bigger then the z5 and this gives it the same battery life with the QHD screen. Some people want better screens. Why the hell do you think they are coming out with a 4K screen? Also, the speed of the device isn't going to be slowed down that much. Seeing how the same processor will be running the 4K z5. The processor is the Qualcomm snapdragon 810 version 2.1 which fixed the heating issue. Although, even at IFA in Europe the z5 phones were over heating so that's not even a comparison between the z4v and the z5 since they have the exact same processor and heat.  Also, yes a QHD screen does look better then my current iPhone 6 Plus. The camera is not that much better in the z5 as it is in the z4v. Overall, the z4v is more like z5 then it is like the z4. And yes, there are many people who would rather have the QHD over camera. Who cares about the camera. The z4 still takes excellent pictures. Now please explain to me what you are seeing in the z5 over the z4v after I have explained this to you?