longer show anything about the z4v. The first link doesn't show it and the

second no longer exists. If there was any other phone on the market I was

interested in I probably would have gone with it by now but I feel the G4

is too big, the S6 lack of an SD slot is a deal breaker, so that leaves the

m9. Maybe I'll see if I can find a cheap refurbished z3v

Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
EvilDragonX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the feeling, i've been scouring the net looking for any information. I've been ready to upgrade and i'm starting to look at the Note 5. However it not having expandable memory or  waterproofing is a big turn off.

sephiroth_4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe vz is waiting for the one year anniversary of the z3v. I'll sell you

my z3v and otter case for my $500ish payoff!

0 Likes
GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Lollipop update is leaked on the internet, you just simply have to Google it for the Z3v. 😉

I'm not entirely too concerned for the Z4v since it has less battery usage than the Z3v due to its Quad HD screen. I would demand Verizon just to approve the VoLTE feature for the Z3v since this is just trash that they can't give a universal feature of simultaneous talk and text to one of the most capable android phones of last year.

0 Likes
themah78

talked to a few verizon employees today and they told me the phone was cancelled, said a sony rep came in and told them that. citing something about a contract of wanting to release the phone first but since the z3+ is essentially the same thing that was the reason it was delayed into cancellation.

i dont know if any of it is true, but its what i was told today. i hope its not true though.

0 Likes
Thorns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to two Verizon representatives today and both said that they didn't know anything about the phone and did not see it in their system. I am probably going to go into the store tomorrow to confirm this, but it looks like the Z4V may be canceled........

0 Likes
GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been trying to tell you guys, the delay or possible cancellation of the Z4v could be for the greater good of the upcoming Z5 before the end of this year. Its camera has topped the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and has the fastest autofocus in the world on a mobile device. If in fact the Z5 Premium is the one coming to Verizon, the Z4v is way outdated because of the 4K smart screen.

0 Likes
jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, some of us can't wait til the end of the year. Second the 4k smart

screen is only on the premium and I personally hate phones that are that

big. That is why I won't touch the note or the G4. When comparing the z4v

to the z5, the z4v actually has a better screen.

Thorns
Enthusiast - Level 2

What doesn't make sense is that all these Z4V's are already made, so what are they going to end up doing with them? Seems like a lot of lost money when they could be selling some now compared to selling absolutely none.

Even if the phone is canceled, I can move on, but the fact of the matter is Verizon told us this phone would be coming in the summer. This made me wait and suffer on a phone that is old and really needs to be replaced because half the screen doesn't work and the 3.5 jack intermittently works. Not knowing if the Z4V is canceled for sure, or what is going on makes me hold off on buying a new phone because I really had my eyes set on this phone.

I also highly doubt my old phone will make it till Verizon gets the Z5, if they even do. Because either the phone is going to give up, or I am going to give up on it and throw it out the window because of how broken it has become.

I also do not like the G4 much because of its size and I promised myself I would never buy a galaxy phone ever again. So now I am basically stuck, wishing I would of just bought a Z3V before Verizon got rid of them all.

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to my local Verizon rep a few weeks ago and they told me about the Z5 coming before the end of this year. The Z4v was declared in having fallback in production and couldn't meet the projected time and was therefore possibly cancelled.

The Z4v having a better screen the Z5 is obviously thanks to the power draining all the time active Quad HD screen. Because of it though, it has less battery life than most other latest Xperias today, including the Z3v!

0 Likes