Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recognize your name from XDA and YouTube... You're the only one on XDA that really post anything interesting and relevant for the Z3V...

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

The 4K will have the same CPU as the non-premium z5 models that have full HD. Thus, you can expect the 4K model to be slower then the regular model. It takes a lot more processing power to have a 4K screen and at such a small screen it is pointless. I didn't say the snap dragon 810 was slow, I said the z5 4K will be slower then the other models.

Also, if the z4v doesn't come out, Verizon would face backlash from case and screen protector manufacturers. Regardless, if the z5 does come out in October and not the z4v they better have the non-4K model. Would rather have a faster phone then a ton of pixels that you already couldn't see with full HD

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol thanks, you now know I have nothing else to go for if Sony and Verizon called it quits with each other if that happens. Ahaha

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if you also read into the other innovative thing about the Z5 Premium, but Sony really designed the software to be smart. It's not going to run native 4K all the time, just when viewing photos and videos. All the other times, it will just probably be full HD at the very least to definitely conserve power.

I really can't picture how Verizon will get sued from those companies that produced accessories for the Z4v. I don't recall seeing anything about contracting or partnership agreement, so it's really those company's loss...

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear you on that. I'm content with my Z3V but I'd definitely upgrade to a Z4V or a Z5V.. But I agree Sony and Verizon Need to work on their communication.. And when I say I'm content with my Z3V I mean that only if we get that alleged Lollipop Ota in October and it better include Advanced Calling/ Volte

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

But I'm not holding my breath we've been promised this update for months..

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Oh I didn't see that about the 4K. That sounds pretty cool.

occidental
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless of that, the 810 has a stink that you'll never be able to wash off. That's just how it is and everyone knows it.

With 820 coming out and 14nm architecture it's going to be a beast and a very efficient structure.

If the z5 premium would be delayed by Verizon until like January or even farther into April just to have the SD 820 I'll pay $1000 for 3 phones in a heartbeat.

For 810........no thanks. Sometimes you just can't get the damn smell washed off.

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

I looked up this "smell" issue on google and see nothing regarding that. I suppose if it heats up and the phone is made of plastic then it could smell like plastic but the Xperia z5 has heat pipes inside to prevent the extreme heat and also is made of glass and metal.

0 Likes
GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you played with the Z5 for a good full day of usage? No? Then really you're just listening to all the people who complain about the 810 and base your beliefs about it off of theirs. 810, 820, they're both made by Qualcomm anyway. It already has superior speeds, and the Z5 is the best of any smartphone right now.