Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry. I knew it was 23. Didn't proof read my post....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When new devices are launching it is a exciting time. We would not want to lose you over that. Is there anything else lingering that has you feeling this way?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Oh my god Verizon. Don't even respond if you have nothing to say. We have all spelled it out to you. WHAT IS LINGERING IS VERIZON'S INABILITY TO SERVE ITS CUSTOMERS IN A SIMPLE WAY. All you have to do is tell us YES or NO this phone is still coming. Someone at Verizon knows and the number of users in this forum deserve an answer. You announced the device and have had customers waiting for a phone to come out WHILE charging is monthly to use our old deteriorated phones. Don't announce a device if you don't plan to follow through. SERVE YOUR CUSTOMERS AND GIVE US INFO ON THE Z4V. Escalate this to a higher authority within Verizon so the number of us in this forum have some idea of what is going on. This is silly.

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've talked to a Verizon rep in a store near me and they confirmed the Z4v is on hold for reasons of "fall of production". The Z5 though is most likely coming since Verizon plans to release it before the end of this year.

I'm willing to bet it is the Z5 Premium due to the 4K UHD capability. Verizon already had plans to do the Z4v in QHD, but why not go above and beyond with having exclusive distribution of the world's first 4K UHD smartphone in America? That will bring in a lot of attention and hopefully Verizon does a lot of marketing for a very premium phone of 2015. Either way, I'll be very happy to trade in my Z3v towards it since I'm frustrated with the broken promise of an update.

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

I hope it isn't the 4K one. It has the same CPU as the other z5 models which means it's speed will be inferior. No one needs a 4K screen anyways. It better come in October because I'm tired of this waiting game.

The problem I have is that Sony lists the z5 specs as GSM and no CDMA. This means unless Verizon gets to Sony now then they won't produce a CDMA version in time for the October release which means MORE waiting.

All I want is an announcement. If the z5 is truly coming, they should announce that. A number of Canadian and European carriers have already started preorders or at least announced the phone on their programs.

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read somewhere on XDA that the phones are on hold because the bootloaders for some reason were either unlocked or easy to unlock. This is funny to me because I posted a comment on Total Tech's YouTube video guessing that it was probably due to the bootloaders being unlockable. from what I remember reading, they made him return his Z4V so that the bootloader could be locked..Leave it to Verizon to indefinitely hold a devices release because they don't want people tinkering with their phones... I've also read that the Z4V is pending an October release now due to having to return all those Z4Vs that were already shipped to corporate stores back to Sony/VZW to lock down the bootloaders. You can find total tech's video here http://youtu.be/yjAC1ATV3mo

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

I would be surprised if they skipped the z4v at this point. If you look on Amazon and other merchants, there are many z4v cases listed and currently already purchasable. Verizon could easily be sued if a company had already created a stock pile of cases for the phone. Verizon did, after all, officially announce the phone at one point. You can't just back down after that. It won't be just us unhappy customers who will complain to them of the z4v isn't released.

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where in anywhere of the internet says that the Snapdragon 810 has inferior speeds? Compared to what? The 808? The 805? Even 801? The problem that the 810 was experiencing was its overheating issue and due to the fact that manufacturers opted to throttle it to prevent the overheating issue. Sony was actually intuitive to install dual thermal piping internally to significantly reduce heating without needing to throttle it.

Of course Sony Mobile GLOBAL listed the Z5 as a GSM phone. I never confirmed that the rep said the Z5 will be coming next month, but before the end of the year, which sounds more viable. Reason being we don't hear this anywhere on the web is because it's "Verizon insider information".

GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you scroll around enough on both XDA and Total Tech's Youtube videos, I've been conversing frequently. The whole bootloader locking thing is just Verizon being super hostile against any developments. With the Z5 already announced, I now really wouldn't count on the Z4v too much. It lacks the thermal piping convention to solve the heating issue, a VERY outdated camera sensor, and 2K isn't as big of a deal as 4K. When you hear the world's first 4K display smartphone, that certainly catches people's attention on what kind of phone is it. Verizon has it in their hands, they'll definitely grab a lot of people's attentions for the phone.

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder how they get around the whole Nexus line. Both the nexus 6 and the galaxy nexus are the only phones on Verizon that were easily unlockable.