Re: Verizon's lack of support for Xperia Z3v is making me switch to T-mobile!
OJVV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just had an online chat with customer service. His answer was that there is definitely an update coming but doesn't know when (same old text book answer every one else has been getting). I went on to ask of I could just get another phone (also asked here, but got no reply from Verizon) and was told o have three options, buy a new phone, buy out my contract to get a new phone or SWITCH SERVICE PROVIDERS!! That's the best they can do. I'm done with this pathetic excuse for customer service. You want me to switch, I'm doing that tonight! And before you comment anything, I went with a payment plan for this phone because I cannot afford to buy a phone out right! And I have three screen shots as proof of the conversation, of any one is wondering!

mama23dogs
Legend

Tidbits wrote:

As for the 6P and 5X. They went back to the old way because of logistics. Getting a Nexus 6 was a nightmare splitting inventory with a company that no longer had the manufacturing power to meet demand. People were ordering a Nexus and waiting 3-4 months to even get their orders while it appeared some who got it from another place for another carrier didn't wait long at all.

I Wonder if that is to blame for the slow sales of the 6p and 5x.  That and the lack of hands on.   Let's face it, most customers like to get touchy feely first, then they gotta have it.

Google needs to find a way for customers to get hands on....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I think more people now would rather buy than try. I think the declining sales has more to do with the fact people expect the world as cheap as possible. They see things like the "Flagship" killer. Sure it's cheaper and similar specs. Then they have a problem and realize their tech support is the reason why it's cheaper. Not naming names, but 5-10 weeks for a replacement, and 5 months for refund for a product that never came.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Which is why dealing with carriers may never go away completely.  This is my first non carrier phone, I have always taken good care of my phones, so I don't expect problems from my end.  So far, I am impressed, and I sill have an old phone to switch to if I do have a problem.

Google replaced the Zenwatch 2 that arrived broken in 5 days.  So Google has my support.  Time will tell I guess.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google is fine. Their support is better than most manufacturers.

Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lollipop is on the way! It was added to the support page under operating system. Looks like the Z2 is getting it also.

Sony Xperia Z3v Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes