won't accept my contact edits!
granmaof6

Anyone having trouble editing your contacts? I have done it on the phone & Verizon website & changes will not go through!  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: won't accept my contact edits!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi granmaof6!

Let's get your contacts the way you want them. To do so, you need to be able to edit them! First, please let me know through which account do you have your contacts synced? (Gmail, Exchange, Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter, Backup Assistant, etc.)

Please check the People Hub settings to try and re-program:

People Hub
Settings
Filter Contact List

Let me know how this works out for you, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CSOKI_Kevin

I've seen this problem on a customer's Lumia 822 as well. Contacts are Backup Assistant Plus. Any changes you make to a contact are not reflected in the contact list. The only place you see the changes are if you go back in to edit the contact. The changes are still reflected on the edit screen, but they do not transfer to when you are just viewing the individual contact record or the contact list in the People app.

0 Likes
andygirard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue on my Lumia 822. My contacts are Backup Assistant Plus. I've gone into multiple contacts to edit the name. I change it and save it, but the change never displays when I'm viewing it outside of "edit" mode. If I go back into edit the name again, the name I changed it to is still in there... it just doesn't update fully.

I've also noticed that updates I make to the settings doesn't update either. I've changed it to "Sort by last name" and display "Last, First" and neither of these changes were made to my list of contacts.

Are there any updates on this?

mrsmeyer618
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't solve the problem.  Please try again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrsmeyer618,

We definitely want to make sure your contacts are set up correctly for you! How are you currently syncing your contacts to your phone? Are you using Gmail, Exchange, Hotmail, Twitter, Backup Assistant, or multiple? When you make changes, are they saving anywhere else correctly if you use something other than Backup Assistant?

I look forward to hearing the details so we can find a resolution quickly for you!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrsmeyer618
Enthusiast - Level 1

Syncing with backup assistant.  It is not connected to a social media or email.  When we got our Lumia's, I set up a hotmail account for my husband, but he doesn't use it.  He's a bit of a luddite.  He has no hotmail contacts anyway, I set that up exclusively for the phone and skydrive.

I did find that I could go to his verizon account and get into the phone contacts and sync'd his phone remotely from the pc. It's a back door solution, I'm sure because he isn't connected to any social media, but it worked.  Thank you for the response but it looks like I solved my own problem!

0 Likes
DetailDiva

I am having the same problem as grammaof6.  I found another thread on Microsoft that said the People hub is not compatible with Win8 devices.  It said to go to http://contacts.live.com, sign in, and edit my contacts there.

I tried that, but my backup assistant plus contacts don't seem to be reflected there, only the ones that are from facebook. I've tried changing the filtering and everything I can think of/find online with no success. 

Maybe this will help find a solution for grammaof6 and me as well?

0 Likes