Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Primortal-----well it didn't last....my phone is not connecting again to wifi. All other devices connect to it fine. I did the entire restore software process and was able to connect. Now a couple hours later, no go. Is this a conspiracy by Verizon so I use my data instead of wifi? Grrrrrrrr

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi
primortal
Master - Level 1

Either phone has become defective or the wifi you are trying to connect to is having problems.  Being you said you did a reboot of the router and that didn't clear it up how about the router software version.  Is it running an older version and if so can you update it?

The only thing I can suggest now is going to a Verizon Store and see if they can fix the issue or give you a replacement phone.  Other than that, I'm out of ideas on what's causing the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
verizonmoderator2
VZ Employee Emeritus
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I depend on my Wifi connection everyday to help manage my data usage Trader1.Allow us to help get your wifi up and running. When did you start experiencing difficulites with your wifi connection? What exactly happens when you try to connect to wifi? What make and  model phone do you have?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

See the post from verizonmoderator2 it links to the original problem.

Trader1  When you did a hard reset did you restore from backup?  If so do another hard reset and don't restore from backup

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I restored only my contacts. Are you saying I shouldn't even restore contacts? And what about apps?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Normally when first running through the setup on the phone and you use a Microsoft Account it checks to see if there are any backs for the device and if it finds any asks if you want to restore from the latest backup.  If you do get that prompt don't restore from backup.

Restoring contacts are fine.

Don't install any apps at first to see if the problem comes back or not.  If it doesn't than there's an app that might be causing problems.

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just finished installing.I did not restore anything. Still cannot connect to network.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Either phone has become defective or the wifi you are trying to connect to is having problems.  Being you said you did a reboot of the router and that didn't clear it up how about the router software version.  Is it running an older version and if so can you update it?

The only thing I can suggest now is going to a Verizon Store and see if they can fix the issue or give you a replacement phone.  Other than that, I'm out of ideas on what's causing the issue.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

You could go back and try to do a reinstall via the Windows Phone Recovery tool if you haven't done that sans loading apps.

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand what you're saying here and I have done that. It doesn't explain why it won't connect to other networks. I can't ask the whole world to reset. ha ha And all other devices and other people can connect to my network.

I did the recovery tool again.  No luck

0 Likes