voicemail not working
Gknight5408

I have a HTC 8X and when I call voicemail it automatically calls my home phone number. I can't access my voicemail, help! Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voicemail not working
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you  calling voicemail?  If it s a shortcut key, or speed dial 1, check the settings for that to see if it si set to *86, to your own cell #, or to your home phone, and edit it if needed.

*86 works to call voicemail from within your home area.  When traveling outside your home area, or even if you are IN your home area, you reach your voicemail by calling your own cell # (all 10 digits).  (Unless you have Google voicemail or You Mail set up, then they will give you the # to call to retrieve your VM's)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you  calling voicemail?  If it s a shortcut key, or speed dial 1, check the settings for that to see if it si set to *86, to your own cell #, or to your home phone, and edit it if needed.

*86 works to call voicemail from within your home area.  When traveling outside your home area, or even if you are IN your home area, you reach your voicemail by calling your own cell # (all 10 digits).  (Unless you have Google voicemail or You Mail set up, then they will give you the # to call to retrieve your VM's)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange, Gknight5408. SuzyQ's suggestion to start with the actual contact is a great first step. Please ensure that within your contact list Voicemail is either listed as *86 or as your cell phone number. Please share additional details so we can assist with correcting this.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes