Re: texting problem with new Windows Phone 8 update
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Well had it going on my second day and I've been texting as much as I can to try to get the issue (might be annoying my friends though lol) I had with the 8 X HTC but so far no problems with the Nokia Lumina 928 at all.

Works perfectly so far.

0 Likes
angryllama
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem does not go away on its own.  Once it starts, other problems arise and they compound until the phone is pretty much useless, i.e. constant freezes, lockups, slow transitions and reactivity to gestures (tap, swipe, etc.).  This is not the network and it is not fixed by resetting the phone.  The only way out of the mess is to replace the phone.  I've had Verizon techs and customer service confirm this and I know personally because I'll soon be on my 2nd HTC 8X replacement in less than a year.  If you're a pc person, you would bench the RAM, bench the HDD, then check/fix all errors in the FAT, then check for spyware, virus or rootkit.  Ok, I realize that's everything but the mouse... sorry.  How that translates to Windows Phone I don't know.

HTC Windows Phone 7 owners are correct- this did not happen w/ Windows Phone 7 or 7.5- only Windows Phone 8.  Failed sent texts contain some kind of routing information and those texts will almost never go through unless the text is copied and pasted to new text and sent.

when the HTC 8X is working, it's nearly perfect.  Makes me wonder why anyone would be an Android or pay 3x as much for an iPhone.  There are 3 or 4 minor, but inexcusable flaws in Windows Phone and app support is still a little embarrassing.  Frankly, when I see an app available for a Blackberry but not Windows Phone, I just want to freakin' cry.

Bob_Sled

I think I found the solution to the windows 8 texting problem. I just went into the first menu of the texting app and there at the bottom you have the little man with a box and it is called status. If your status is on offline, texting will not work. So you have to adjust it to away, available or whatever, as long as it is not 'off line'

0 Likes
unctarheel

I'm having the "can't send" texting issue, as well. I've been through three HTC Windows phones in the last 6 months, all under warranty.  With each one I've had it switched because of a new problem that Verizon can't fix.  The "can't send" began with my last phone that suddenly stopped receiving calls and frequently showed 'No service" even when standing next to another verizon customer who had service.  This phone, which I have had for a week and a half, has now become virtually useless with text.  I couldn't send any messages for several days, and rebooting it didn't solve the problem.  I installed the latest update, which helped for less than 24 hours.  Now I'm gradually having more and more trouble with texts not sending again.

0 Likes
gsikora

This texting issue has been going on for months and even lasted through a major update which we were told would fix the issue which if anything made it worse. I am beyond sick of having to either restart my phone, or turn airplane mode on and off just to send out a text. Verizon blames HTC and HTC blames Verizon. I just want a phone that works! Maybe after 9 years of being with Verizon it's time to switch to AT&T to get a phone that works.

Verizon, PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!! I'm willing to switch to a 928 which I hear doesn't have this issue.  I can not take another year of this crap until I can upgrade my phone!

0 Likes
tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe there has been nothing in response from Verizon on this. I actually regret ever switching back to them. When i went into the store with my phone about my issue i got all sorts of sarcasm for having a Windows phone. Look i get it that it's not an iphone or android but you can still care about the product you sell. Acknowledge the issue!! Other service providers did after gdr2 and fixed it.

0 Likes
jai9804

I am having the exact same issue.  Have a HTC 8x windows phone that intermittently will NOT send or receive texts.  It does not matter where I am located whether I am in full service area or not.  The only solution is to power down the phone completely and then re-start it.  The first time this happened was in the Verizon Store the day I bought the phone!!  I have all the latest software updates installed, and still a problem. 

When will this get fixed?  Too many people have this issue!

0 Likes