text message questions
pa9663

I am completely new to smartphones.  My question is in regard to pictures and music attached to a text message.  I am confused as to why I cannot save pictures to my sd card.  It only gives me the option to save it to my phone.  I also downloaded ringtones from the computer via txt msg.  I cannot save that at all.  I am really not sure if I can love this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text message questions
primortal
Master - Level 1

If you set you phone to store images to your SD card you should be ok to select save to my phone which should go to the SD card.

For ringtones, I'd suggest connecting your phone to your computer and copy your ringtones to your phone that way.  There isn't anyway within messaging to select where to save the file to.

0 Likes
pa9663

Thank you primortal, I thought that I was losing my mind.  I still have a lot to learn about this phone.  Hoping that they will have a class set up soon in our area.    I do not know how to connect my phone to the computer, but, I will keep trying to learn and figure these things out.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The phone has a USB cord that you can plug into your computer.  If you are running Windows you can install the Windows Phone client, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop?wa=wsignin1.0

Once installed and you have your phone connected you'll be able to access the phone file system so you can put music, pictures and ringtones on it.

pa9663

Thank you for your help.  I do not have a USB cord that fits my phone, I looked.  I will go and buy one.  I appreciate your comments and your help.  As I said before, I am new to the smartphone and especially to this windows phone.  My daughters have droids, so, they have not been able to help me.  So glad that I found this spot to get some help.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Anytime

Not sure about your 822 but mine, the power cord is also the USB cord.  Take a look the plug that goes into the wall; you should be able to easily pull the cord out from the plug and plug it into your computer.

pa9663

Yeah, I was looking at the online manual and just figured that out.  Thanks ,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Additionally to what primordial wrote, with the exception of Apple phone all the current smartphones should use the micro USB port on the phone. It is a standard requirement for the charging port in Europe to have a universal size for the charging port for phones and another size other electronic devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes