setting up corporate email via activesync?
SGTW8

I have tried numerous times to add my corporate email to my phone via acvtivesync. Unfortunately it keeps sending the following error: companyname.org requires that certain security policies be enforced.  Try syncing again to apply policies. If you keep seeing this message, contact a support person or your service provider.  Error Code- 86000C29.  I have tried re syncing and the same error keeps coming up.  Is there a security setting I don't have checked?  Does it have to do with my SD card?  The company I work for doesn't have enough troubleshooting knowledge with W8 phones to help.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: setting up corporate email via activesync?
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SGTW8!

Let's look into this! Are you able to send/receive emails on your device with another (personal or corporate) email account? Have you attempted these steps:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/114009/ ?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SGTW8

Hello.  Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have my personal outlook and yahoo email accounts on my phone and they work fine.  I have followed these directions as they were the same steps as I followed originally.  I have deleted and gone back through the steps and still the same error message. 

0 Likes
speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

without going into too much details, which program at work do you use to check your email at your work computer? Also do you have to insert a smart card or select a certificate to access it? All of this info is needed for anyone on here to know which type of email account type you need to activate on your phone and how to go about doing it.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

SGTW8 Have your Exchange admins take a look at this KB article from Microsoft, Error 85010013, 8600C2B, or 86000C29 when you try to synchronize a Windows Phone-based device to an ...

0 Likes