nokia lumia 928 here maps don't work
arora

After upgrade to 8.1, Here Map and Here Drive Apps have stopped working. When I tap the icons on start page, after flashing, screen goes right back to the home page.

If use Maps app, it does not let me use voice navigation

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: nokia lumia 928 here maps don't work
primortal
Master - Level 1

Have you updated the apps?  HERE Drive+ and HERE Maps where updated on 12/18.  Also go to settings, swipe to applications and tap on maps and tap on check for updates.

Lastly if above doesn't work.  Uninstall the apps and reinstall.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Have you updated the apps?  HERE Drive+ and HERE Maps where updated on 12/18.  Also go to settings, swipe to applications and tap on maps and tap on check for updates.

Lastly if above doesn't work.  Uninstall the apps and reinstall.

0 Likes
arora

Thank you for your response and help.I was not able to get to the settings under the application icon since it would go away in a flash. Somehow I landed on the Store and My Apps screen, and saw a bunch of updates with pending status. I guess I created a problem for myself with having turned off cellular data, which should be okay except for now when I landed in settings for my apps, it had "load updates on wi-fi" only in the off position, hence no updates. Surprised that I did not see any notifications until I landed on the page which provides the status of all the applications. Now, I have turned on "use wi-fi only" for updates and "apply updates automatically"

If I may ask a favor, how do I get to the my apps from the start screen?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Oh, the settings for the phone not the app itself.

To get to the apps and setting installed on the phone swipe to the left from the start screen and you see the list of apps.

You can't directly link to My Apps in the store but you can pin the Store app to the start screen by tap and hold on the Store app and select pin to start.

0 Likes
arora

Thanks for your help. It is working, just installing the update to the maps now.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Anytime

When you get a chance and all is working, mark your question is answered.

0 Likes
arora

Not very user friendly. I can't see the button/action, which lets me indicate that my question is answered. I did something that was akin to it - can you confirm that the status has changed to "answered"? If not, maybe you can once again help in how to do that.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Find the post that answers your question and click the Actions link there should be something there.

0 Likes
arora

No luck. Under all the entries, all I get is "no action available". I even searched for the answer to this simple question - no luck there either.

0 Likes