Re: desperatly in search for a nokia Lumia Icon which is verizon exclusive correct?
yleetsbob
Enthusiast - Level 3

I disagree, the icon is an ok phone but mine constantly drops data, reboots itself on its own.  As it turns out, I do use a lot of apps and features of an android device.  If the manufacturers, carriers, and application developers do not stay on top and keep their devices relevant they will lose their supporters and customers.  I really can't stand this device, but for now it appears, I am stuck with it.  Hopefully Verizon wakes up and gets the update released.

0 Likes
Re: desperatly in search for a nokia Lumia Icon which is verizon exclusive correct?
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Never had any of the issues you speak of and I'm even using the Developer Preview on mine.  LOVE my phone and Cortana is a far better experience than Apple or Google have, yet.  Oh, and the camera...WOW!!  Three mics for live concert recording?  HOLY WOW!!

0 Likes
NancyAnnL
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can currently buy the Icon for $99 (on Verizon contract) through Amazon. It won't be back on the VZW website.

jkallinen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bought my Lumia Icon from amazon 3 weeks ago. even have it updated to 8.1 since it only comes with 8.

was easy enough going through the forums and fining a way to get the Preview for Developers installed

and running. Works like charm and having Cortana is amazing to use.Just search the forums and you find

the ways to get it updated to, and buying from amazon was simple using my Verizon account.