data share nokia 2520
yetitrucker

told at the store I would be able to tether my data off of my tablet doesn't work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data share nokia 2520
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Yetitrucker, being able to tether the tablet and share data with another device on the go is super convenient! We'd like for you to be able to share the data and tether as well. I did double check the specs and your Nokia Lumia 2520 is tether/mobile hotspot capable. For it to function, you will need to have the mobile hotspot feature on your  monthly service plan. If you have the Share Everything plan, mobile hotspot is automatically included. To enable the tether feature you will:   

1. Swipe in from the right side of the screen to open the "charm bar`
2. Tap on Settings > Change PC Settings
3. From the PC Settings menu section tap Network > Connections
4. Tap the Verizon wireless connection
5. Tap or slide the share this connection switch from Off to ON position

Thanks so much for your patience! Keep us posted if you need further support.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Yetitrucker, being able to tether the tablet and share data with another device on the go is super convenient! We'd like for you to be able to share the data and tether as well. I did double check the specs and your Nokia Lumia 2520 is tether/mobile hotspot capable. For it to function, you will need to have the mobile hotspot feature on your  monthly service plan. If you have the Share Everything plan, mobile hotspot is automatically included. To enable the tether feature you will:   

1. Swipe in from the right side of the screen to open the "charm bar`
2. Tap on Settings > Change PC Settings
3. From the PC Settings menu section tap Network > Connections
4. Tap the Verizon wireless connection
5. Tap or slide the share this connection switch from Off to ON position

Thanks so much for your patience! Keep us posted if you need further support.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
toddsdonald

With some research online I was able to figure out that in order to share the data connection, turning the Nokia 2520 into a hotspot, was as simple yet backwards from android, in that one needs to turn "on" Wi-Fi, as opposed to android you need to turn "off" Wi-Fi to make a hotspot.

However, now that I've figured out how to make the Nokia 2520 a hotspot, the issue I have is that when the Nokia goes into sleep mode it turns off the hotspot, or data sharing, (again just the opposite of an Android). So, my question is: how to I keep the hotspot on, or enabled when the Nokia's screen turns off?

Thanks

0 Likes