data problem
rosebud1264

I had my phone for 3 months and on 8/18/2013 at 9:56 while watching TV and my phone in my pocket book it turn on and ran up 2.2GB of data I did not look at it until that day(Sunday) in about 3pm had a text that came in....my husband went on his P/C e-mail and in came a warning 3 of them saying you are 75% near your limit of 2GB then the next e-mail said you are near  90% of your limit and then last e-mail that he got said you are now over increase your # so he did to 5GB the next day he went on to check it out and the e-mails came in saying you are getting near your new limit I now had 3.9GB...called Verizon and they said to turn off your data we did but it still had a small KB # of .00001 to come in?.....after 3 calls got the Tech support and they said go to the store"Verizon" and have them wipe out the phone and start over they at the store would not do this he did not have the time and I could lose my data....so the Tech support said they would send a new phone (822) now will this happen again maybe but we will see .....I think Verizon should stop selling this model Nokia 822 phone....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data problem
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you provide some more information about the apps that you have installed?  Certain apps will use data in the background plus if you forget to turn off certain apps like Netflix, Internet sharing, and have your weather and social networking apps set to refresh their feeds at the shortest interval that will chew up data.  YouTube videos chew up a surprising amount of data depending the length of the video.  EX a 10-15 minute video chews up a little over 100MB.  You can do the reset yourself from the phone there are directions to do so.  Also have you checked for and installed updates since you got the phone?  I seem to remember there was some data glitches with certain Verizon Windows 8 phones that used up memory and data.  Also if you have a Wi-Fi network in your house turn on Wi-Fi in settings and connect to your home network putting in your password if you have one.  Note: Even with Wi-Fi turned on you will still use mobile cellular data for the following, receiving of or sending text messages with attachments such as sounds, pics, videos, and so on, Visual Voice (if subscribed), and any other data that has to be done over the cellular network. 

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Have you gone to the Data Sense application swipe to usage and see what app is consuming all the data?

Also pressure support to analyze the data usage.  There was a glitch in there usage monitoring where it was said my wife's phone was consuming large amounts of data and I know for a fact my wife only uses her smartphone as a phone.  The only internet access she uses is for weather updates.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I remember that data glitch wasn't it something with the version of the carrier settings that they had on the phones?  I remember it only making news for people that have certain iPhone models though apparently that was NOT the case.  And as far as the weather even if you had the lowest tiered data plan which is 1GB I don't see how anyone could use up and go over 1 GB with just checking the weather even if your wife got the occasional MMS from someone the size of the attachments that can go into those are so limited that even that would be difficult to exceed data caps with.  I would agree with you and have the OP check his or her data sense utility. 

0 Likes