Re: cloud not synching contacts
BubbaMagrew

Outlook is not installed on my phone. I have Office 365, but never set it up. I DO have an Microsoft email account through Outlook.com, but it's just an account that retrieves email on the phone.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've experienced the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4 from time to time. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it happens, or, how long the problem exists before magically correcting itself.

Based on the extremely random nature, my feeling is that the cause is on Verizon Wireless's end.

0 Likes
BrandyF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I changed my settings to include "All Contacts" and tried it again and no luck.  It can back up my 900 calls, 13000 pictures and 62000 text messages but not the 1000 contacts I probably have.  I have purchased additional cloud space and I checked online and looks like the last time it synched was May of 2015.  I'm almost eligible for an upgrade but I'm afraid to do anything until this is worked out.  Is there anywhere else my contacts are stored (google???).  Would free space on the phone or cloud have anything to do with this problem?  Like the others I am only backing up on my home wifi and not on mobile data.  Just tried again and it says something like "Cloud backup failed network connection lost".  I'm not sure how it can lose the connection on Wifi.  Please help!

BubbaMagrew

Like BrandyF, I purchased extra cloud space to hold my contacts (and am paying for something I am not using). I am also due for a phone upgrade in a couple of months, and fear that I will lose all of my contacts if I cannot back them up before I get a new phone....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you have a worry free device experience. Upon review not all Cloud capabilites are available on Windows devices due to the different format the contacts generate. Are you able to log in to your Cloud account via htp://www.vzw.com/cloud and import the "contacts document" you had previously seen? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123991/. May I ask what type of phone do you think you will be interested in when it is time to upgrade?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BubbaMagrew

Well, when I follow the directions in the link provided above, and go into my Documents folder on the Cloud PC web site, it does not have single document, like I see from my phone. My PC shows each individual contact as a separate xml file; and the code is included with the contact info in whatever application on my computer I try to open them. I do not have the time to clean each one up individually, nor was I able to move them to the Contacts section of my Cloud app.

I love my Windows Lumia icon phone, especially for the 20 mp camera but the lack of apps is really starting to bug me, and where there are apps, half the time they work poorly. So, I will probably go for a Galaxy 7, but haven't yet made the final choice. I am not into Apple products at all....

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Microsoft's OneDrive is compatible with the Lumia, try storing your contacts there.

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

I am not sure I get the reason behind using VZW Cloud for storing contacts.

It is automatic via Outlook and Onedrive, synced and backed up across devices

when using the same Microsoft Login ID.

I have never had an issue and get my contacts regardless of which PC I am on

or windows device.

"but the lack of apps is really starting to bug me, and where there are apps, half the time they work poorly"

And that is not entirely true... Read further...

The untold "app gap" story, Part I: Human behavior, the overlooked variable | Windows Central

The untold "app gap" story Part II: App gap? What app gap? | Windows Central

I have an Android and honestly, they aren't that great there either.

In fact, Android and iPhone are a major step down "to me" in smartphone tech.

Androids and iPhone have their issues also.

Just getting around is major hassle on both.

WP till MS drops it (which isn't likely) or I'm dead.

Bye Verizon.

0 Likes