cant send or receive pictures help
ksang

i try to send a picture and it says cant send media content. if someone sends me a picture i dont even get the message. how can i fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cant send or receive pictures help
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ksang,

I can certainly assist you with your picture messaging on your Thunderbolt! That's one of my favorite devices! I have a few questions to ask you so I can get a better understanding of the issue. I want to ensure that the root cause of this issue gets resolved. If you would be so kind as to provide answers then that would be great.

1. What city and state are you in?
  2. Have you ever been able to send and receive picture messages?
  3. Are you able to send and receive text messages?

4. How many bars of signal do you have?
  5. How big is the file size of the picture that you are trying to send?

Below are a few troubleshooting steps that you can perform to get this issue resolved. Once you have provided some answers to the questions above then I can customize a solution for you if the steps below doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Please see below:

• Turn bluetooth and wi-fi in the Settings menu.
  • Verify that the software is up to date.
  • Erase all old threaded text messages to free up memory.
  • Delete any 3rd party text messaging apps from the device.
  • Reduce the size of the picture(s) and retry to send.
  • Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39075

Prior to the factory reset, you can use Backup Assistant to save all of your contacts and Gmail to save your calendar entries. Also, you can save your pictures, videos, and music to the memory card so they won't be erased. When the device boots, please complete the tutorial to re-setup the device. Once the device has been setup, please test to see if you are able to send a picture message. If you are still having issues then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this a joke? This is the Windows Phone forum, and more specifically the HTC Trophy forum. The poster didnt even mention what device they had, so It would only make sense to assume it is a HTC Trophy. Somehow your post is about an Android phone from 2 years ago.

0 Likes
ksang

actually i sent this questions a few days ago and said it was for a HTC Trophy. we just got the phone everything works just find. but have never been able to send a simple picture. if i send a picture to his phone it never gets the message.

text messages work wifi works connection fine just cant send a picture or get a picture message.

0 Likes
ksang

the phone is a HTC Trophy not a Thunder bolt. we are in AZ. have never been able to send a picture. and if someone sends me a message with a picture i never get it. only had the phone 1 week so dont have anything downloaded to cause memory space issues.

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was defending you by pointing out the incompetence of the Verizon worker.

For one I would check with Verizon to make sure that your MMS Picture/Video feature is enabled.

Second, I would go into Settings -> Applications -> Messaging and turn SMS delivery confirmation on.

3rd, I would suggest you try sending/receiving while your Wi-Fi is disabled. Past Verizon Windows Mobile devices had an issue sending/receiving MMS while on Wi-Fi. Shouldnt be the case now but you never know. I don't get this issue now on my Trophy.

0 Likes
ksang

Thanks - we tried all of this and no luck. Just going to take the phone in to our verizon store and cross our fingers.

0 Likes
darktemptess

Best to take it to the store you got the phone from as it is still under warranty. Another thing to have them do is check your account to make sure that picture messaging is not block. Sometimes that can be the cause as well. Good luck!

0 Likes
dera31

It could be that your battery is low, data connection is turned off, or it may be blocked. If you call customer service, they can check to see if there is a block present and remove it.

0 Likes