camera and video quit working
hooverl

I've had my phone a few days and took a couple of pictures with no problem.  Now I will get the focus box, but then the phone just "clunks" and nothing happens.  I  shut the phone off, and checked the settings, but no luck either picture or video.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: camera and video quit working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Like Superman, here I am to save the day! I can certainly assist with your camera on your device. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the Lumia 822? Also, are you using the stock camera app? If not then I would suggest uninstallling the 3rd party app, reboot, and retest using the stock app. If you are having the issue with the stock app then please check to see if you have the latest software. If you be so kind as to share the software version that you have then I can cross reference it for you. Simply go to Settings > About > More Info. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hooverl

I’m using the stock app and updated the phone.  As quickly as it stopped working, it started working again.  Not very user friendly like other camera phones, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.  I’d love to figure out how to zoom.  There is no real manual that comes with it on how to do anything but dial the phone.

<< Signature information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hooverl,

Thanks for replying to quickly. I know sometimes devices can be a little much to learn; especially without a manual.  Here is a link to all the support you need your Lumia 822.  Also, the camera zoom option is very easy to use. All you need to is use your thumb and index finger and pinch inwards or outwards.  It's that easy! Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi Hooverl,

Thanks for replying to quickly. I know sometimes devices can be a little much to learn; especially without a manual.  Here is a link to all the support you need your Lumia 822.  Also, the camera zoom option is very easy to use. All you need to is use your thumb and index finger and pinch inwards or outwards.  It's that easy! Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
BobbyS_VZW

The link seems to be missing in your post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Douglas_rivera

If I restart my phone, and open the camera app, it works. However, after using my phone normally (lets say for two hours) the camera fails to open. I do not have any third party camera apps installed.

The problem only seems to be solved -temporarily - when I restart my phone. Could it be faulty hardware?

0 Likes