Yet Another Expressing anger and dissatisfaction over the Cyan situation. How can you ignore so many and not answer a single question about this?
Octangle

When I bought my Icon it was advertised as being "8.1 ready." Soon, I was led to believe, I would have Cortana. I was told that there were improvements to the camera that were in the Cyan firmware. As this phone had high spec hardware and was being called the Windows "flagship phone" on Verizon, I had no reason to doubt the update would arrive.

Not only did it not, as we are all aware, but as months went by and people took to this forum, other Windows forums and Twitter to complain and question, Verizon has never put out a simple clear statement to their customers about what their intentions are and when they might take action. I feel deceived and ignored.

To not address this in any way when so many are so vocally asking is rude. Quite simply rude.

Even today the Icon is available online at the Microsoft store and the copy there says that this phone is "Windows Phone 8.1 ready" with an asterisk that leads to the disclaimer that "update availability and timing varies by carrier." It has been four months since this update began rolling out.

What has led me to post this and lend my voice to the chorus is the articles published in the last day or two saying that Verizon has now changed the status of the update to "under development." Once again, without a single word of explanation or apology. Without a single message to all of their customers who have been asking for information for months. Again, just rude.

These articles suggest the reason for the delay is Verizon's dissatisfaction with how their apps are working with 8.1. Of course there is no way for me to know if this is true since Verizon will not say anything at all about it. So I might as well believe what the reports say I guess. This of course makes the whole thing so much worse.

Verizon, are you seriously holding up this thing that all of your customers want so as to make sure the horrible bloatware that no one wants will "work"?! You can't put out the update and then fix your terrible apps yourself like every other app maker? Only so that we can then uninstall them anyway? This is ridiculous and insulting.

Verizon is always trying to disable phone features to customer's detriment and their profit. I don't doubt that is what this delay is about. Now it is difficult to tether my phone without paying an extra fee even though the feature is built into Windows Phone. Just a way to keep me from using the data that I payed for and that is allotted to me. In the old days you couldn't move pictures off of your phone through the usb cable you had. You had to send them over the network and use data.

Why not try providing services instead of taking them away and delaying them? Why not treat customers well instead of ignoring their questions? Why not do what is right and allow Microsoft to update their hardware, hardware that we bought after being told that it was 8.1 ready?

Labels (1)
0 Likes