Re: Windowsphone Cyan Update
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

vzwenduser wrote:

So I would say when it comes to fought of not getting this update, it is around 35% Verizon's fought and 65% Microsoft's fought, it takes two to tango.

Given Verizon's lackadaisical pace testing and working with MS, I'd say it's more like 65% Verizon 35% Microsoft. Your argument might have carried more weight if Verizon was not dead last in deploying this worldwide.

You can mention bugs all you want, that hasn't seemed to stem the tide of iOS and Android updates being released. I have watched numerous devices develop issues after installing Verizon-sanctioned updates, until fixes can be pushed out. Software bugs are almost a fact of life for cutting-edge devices. What I really want to see happen is someone break apart the carrier stranglehold we have here in the US.

At this point it's pretty obvious Verizon isn't going to say anything of value on the subject, so we can just hope we see it before 2015.

0 Likes
dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

Isn't there already talk of yet another Verizon exclusive Windows Phone from Lumia (Microsoft)?

This is what I don't understand.  Verizon's disdain for the OS could not be more obvious.  Their corporate store reps regularly try to talk people out of going WP and the clearly consensus online is that Verizon not the carrier of choice for Windows Phone (AT&T is).  Why wouldn't Microsoft be giving the exclusives to a company that doesn't undermine their products?  Like many others I think the Icon is a great phone.  I did an hour or two of research on the phone, I just wish I'd done 5 minutes on the carrier issue rather than staying with Verizon.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Not really an exclusive.  The 735 isn't supposedly to be released till early next year, Verizon Lumia 735 not scheduled until early 2015 | Windows Central.  The same exact thing they did with the Icon; was available in November and waited 3 months missing the holiday sales.

It shows they have no use for Windows Phones but carry it for sake of potential sales.

dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

It gets more likely with each passing day that I'm going to find $700 worth of value in getting away from Verizon.

Fationably_Late
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one pissed at Verizon for dragging their a** on this update. Hopefully Verizon gets their act together because it's crap like this that make people switch carriers.

dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that pretty much everyone with an Icon is angry about not only the delay in pushing Cyan, but also the general silence from Verizon about it.  Add in the retirement of the phone as well.  If only I'd gone with AT&T. 

Fationably_Late
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I'm just going to go to the local Verizon store and shame them into giving me a free 'upgrade' to a phone that already has the update. Too bad, really, I loved my Lumia.

dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe that the only phone Verizon has with the equivalent of the Cyan update (which is specific to Lumia devices) is the M8.  I would have gone that way myself if it had a decent camera.  I hope it works out for you.  Best of luck.

dkhbike
Enthusiast - Level 1

The upcoming Connection Day is like the icing on the cake, now that VZW has updated my Icon to WP 8.1/Cyan/Denim! NOT!!