Re: Windows10 on Lumia 735- can't send MMS
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try reaching out to Microsoft to see what they have to say.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

GREDRMZ wrote:

Very much would appreciate the clarity on the above, and assistance in any way you can as per prior threads I have hit a wall with your tech team. Beit a lesser used phone/OS or not, the support should be there - especially when I had absolutely nothing to do with the update that caused this and now cannot group text. Thanks so much in advance!

IMHO if you don't get an answer you might have to go the extreme route and file a complaint with the FCC.  Cause right now it's nothing but finger pointing.  VZW support should have gotten Microsoft on the phone as well to diagnose the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re committed to resolve the issues that you are experiencing with your device. I want to answer your questions accurately. I would like to access your account and confirm all the troubleshooting steps that you have done with us, and determine the best path to a resolution. Please reply to a direct message that I sent to you and I will be able to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just replied via Email!   Putting the info here as well:

Hello Antonio,

So you have all the info in one spot here:

I can’t recall the gentleman’s name but this was escalated to your higher tier support a couple weeks back.  He is the one that advised me that one (or both) of the OS/Firmware upgrades is what caused this issue with not being able to MMS.  This makes sense to me as again, my wife has the exact same phone and this same issue happened to her roughly within the same timeframe (June-ish)  So recapping here what I have posted in the community thread:

What is the root cause (i.e. the update that caused this issue to my phones back in June):

1. Windows 10 Mobile version:   10.0.14393.1480
    1. OR…
  2. Firmware Version: 02171.00002.15194.03084

3.  On the supposition that it was/is the Firmware:

1. Was this  Firmware revision sent to me by Microsoft or by Verizon?
    2. If by Verizon, was it tested in advance?
    3. Is there a fix in the works for this and/or an ETA as to when a new version of the Firmware will be released?

4.  If not, what is my best route for resolve here?

1. Your tech advised me to reset my phone but my question back to him was if the Firmware is the root cause (& since (best I am aware at least) I have no control over firmware updates occurring or not) wouldn’t the same thing eventually happen once Firmware Version: 02171.00002.15194.03084 “Hit” my newly reset phone. (?)

i. He advised he was not sure but sometimes when you fully reset a phone things will work where they once didn’t.

Thanks in advance here – Both my wife & I need the option of MMS for our work/life needs and we are paying Verizon respectively for these services.  All MMS functions were fine for the better side of two years until these June updates.    Reach out to me with any more info I can help with!

0 Likes
GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate that detour and update as that is where I went with this next - "Maybe it's time to get a newer/more updated WP .... " only to find there is next to NOTHING that works on Verizon/CDMA.   Because yes, there is more than IOS and Android out there.  Have tried the both - Android = buggy as heck and not seamless between platforms - IOS, great but too locked in ( I still use IOS for work because that is what my company offers)  So like yea..............  Just........... give me some OPTIONS here on WP Verizon please? 🙂  Tx for this again.  Will keep my eyes peeled

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is being reported that HP will be releasing a version of the Elite X3 for Verizon Wireless customers soon...possibly in the fall.

If this comes to pass, could you hold on with the 735 until the X3 makes an appearance? It will be expensive, but, it is the top of the line Windows mobile phone out there.

I don't think that Alcatel is going to release a CENA version of the Idol for Verizon Wireless.

Microsoft has thrown in the towel for now. Not expecting anything new from then until the Surface Phone...or whatever the device that Panos Panay's team is supposedly working on...is revealed. Even then, I suspect that it will not be compatible with Verizon Wireless unless VZW has the new 5G network in production and the existing CDMA network closed off to new activations.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

CENA should be CDMA.  

0 Likes
GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Dexman.  Yes, I did a quick search on the Elite X3 and it appears to be between $500 & $600.  Right now, I can buy a brand new 735 for $70 and albeit an older piece of hardware, it completely functions / meets all my needs so …. Will have to see how this plays out.  I don’t necessarily have that much extra $$ lying around and all in all, there is not a genuine “need” for that expense (other than this latest mishap re: being able to MMS!)

I switched from Sprint to Verizon about two years ago, primarily due to price point, but secondly because Sprint also offered very little WinPhone options/support.   (Have been using WP since day 1 and have no intentions to change – my “world” is in place with that, my MS Live account and MS One Drive – seamless experience/functionality between Phone, PC, Laptop and Tablet – LOVE IT!)  I reflexively went with Verizon for that switch given all the great reviews of their network & coverage.  Though in retrospect and particular to the WP options, I am somewhat wishing we gave AT&T a shot as they seems to have a lot of WP options. 

All in all, I am very pleased with Verizon though so…..   all that to say, I am just hoping they can fix this MMS issue and maybe I will start saving for another WP further down the road.  Again, thanks for the update!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that the MMS issue is software related. I vaguely remember their being other posts on the subject, but, I've lost track of them.

I wonder if getting Insider Updates would resolve the problem.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I was looking to get the 950XL, but, Microsoft took the GSM only route with the last set of Lumia sets.

If HP had released the CDMA X3 last year I would have pounced. But, being a caregiver to an elderly parent for over 4 years, my funds are a bit constrained. So frequent smartphone updates are out of the question.  

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I still think we will see an LTE only smartphone for a Windows phone before long. The CDMA network is scheduled for shutdown sometime after 2019. Verizon Wireless is already selling LTE only basic phones. The smartphones will be LTE only too at some point.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.