Windows10 on Lumia 735- can't send MMS
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgraded HTC One M8 Win8.1 to a Lumia 735 w/ Windows 10.  Since activating, can not send MMS- will send texts with no issue.  Voice calls, internet, all other connectivity is fine.  Internet APN set to VZWInternet, Global mode, there is no setting menu to set MMS APN.  IMS Status is displayed as 'unregistered', I don't know if this is related, or how to fix.  If I try to send a text w/ attached picture, I always get "couldn't send".  Has never worked.  Connected w/ full bars to LTE network, connected to good WiFi.  Have a SG5 also, no issues, same settings.  2 years, never had an issue w/ HTC in same location, same network.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows10 on Lumia 735- can't send MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, MIKEOSHA. I appreciate you making the effort. Our next step is going to be to go ahead and have a look at the account. We're going to need to take a look at your account and we may also need to get you a new SIM card. I would recommend stopping in or getting in touch with us through one of those other three methods above, so we can get you taken care of. Sorry again about the hassle.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible to change the network to CDMA/LTE? That may work better.

0 Likes
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried that with no success. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about this trouble, MIKEOSHA. We know being able to send MMS is pretty important. We never want to hear about an update having this result. Do you use a VPN with your device, or notice any new indicators in the top status bar? Also, how much free storage space do you have in your phones internal storage?

EricW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply EricW!  I do NOT use any VPN on this device.  It has NOT worked since I got this phone 3 weeks ago, so this isn't a new symptom.  There are no new or odd notifications on the status bar, it is all normal.  The phone has 16Gb internal memory- 9 Gb free.  I have a good quality 128 Gb SD card with 110Gb free.  I also have tested using the 64Gb SD card from my previous Windows HTC phone.

This problem appears to be a known issue w/ Windows 10 on Lumia phones, and not an isolated case; but I do want to find a solution because inability to send MMS is impacting work flow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, MIKEOSHA. I appreciate the additional details and am eager to get to the bottom of this. There are a couple possibilities here. When you did the activation of the Lumia, did you just migrate the SIM over to the new device, or was there a SIM change? If the SIM was moved over, please power the Lumia off and remove the SIM. Start the phone without the SIM card in it for a few minutes and then power back off and set the SIM back in place again before powering back up. Wait a few minutes to see if you're able to send a message and keep us posted with your progress.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again for replying EricW!  The new Lumia had a VZW SIM, but wouldn't activate, so the SIM was moved from the VZ HTC One M8 to the Lumia.  I attempted starting the phone w/o SIM as you suggested.  Upon restarting with the SIM; no change in symptoms.  Still can't send SMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, MIKEOSHA. I appreciate you making the effort. Our next step is going to be to go ahead and have a look at the account. We're going to need to take a look at your account and we may also need to get you a new SIM card. I would recommend stopping in or getting in touch with us through one of those other three methods above, so we can get you taken care of. Sorry again about the hassle.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Begrudgingly, OK, I'll go back to the VZ corporate store and endure that pain...the same store that told me that VZ does not have, and never has had Windows phones.....   Thank you for the replies, I'll update the thread as appropriate.  Since my contract expired and I'm only month to month, a visit to the store may cause me to go next door and talk to Sprint about returning....ugh..

0 Likes
MIKEOSHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

EricW- I went to a VZ retail store, went over these notes w/ a tech, verified the account, and got a new SIM.  No change, still can't send SMS.  What is the next step?  How can we get this fixed?

0 Likes