Windows phone question.
stannellc

I need to pick up a Windows phone from eBay.  I'll only be using it for app development, not as my main phone.  There are a lot of different types, and I need to know what to look for so I can switch it back and forth with my main phone on my Verizon account.  Will any phone work as long as it says unlocked? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows phone question.
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

It depends what you want to do with the phone. Unless it supports the Verizon CDMA band, you'll be stuck with 3G/Wi-Fi only. If you want LTE you'll have to get a phone that was made for Verizon's network (Icon, 928, ATIV, M8, 8X, etc.). Since you're planning on doing app development I might wait for 10 to come out since who knows how 8.1 apps will transfer over.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Windows phone question.
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

It depends what you want to do with the phone. Unless it supports the Verizon CDMA band, you'll be stuck with 3G/Wi-Fi only. If you want LTE you'll have to get a phone that was made for Verizon's network (Icon, 928, ATIV, M8, 8X, etc.). Since you're planning on doing app development I might wait for 10 to come out since who knows how 8.1 apps will transfer over.

0 Likes