Windows Phone share shows sharp upward spike on NetMarketShare also
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-share-shows-sharp-upward-spike-on-netmarketshare-also/

Um Kay...  I won't talk about the numbers in Finland.  While WP tops the charts there with all 3 carriers, that would be expected since Finland is the home of Nokia.  Too much FUD in one discussion post is not good for anyone.

Good to see market share pick up for WP in some of these surveys.  Clearly, Nokia is leading the way as Microsoft pushes their investment with them. 

For me, this whole Nokia focus was a bit of a letdown at the Mobile shindig in Spain this week.  Much like the ratings, MWC 12 was all Nokia with some of the big players even announcing no new devices until WP Apollo is out.  Also a big push for WP in the overseas market, but what else are you supposed to announce when you are in Spain?  Nokia, probably more than others, had a big presence in Europe prior to the Microsoft switch.

Looks like the pressure will be on Microsoft to get Apollo cleaned up and out the door.  I believe that even Verizon was one of the first big names to tell Microsoft "no business" until Apollo and true LTE support was in place.  Lots of speculation about Microsoft going with nothing but Nokia devices, but with Windows 8 right around the corner, I am sure that Microsoft doesn't want to have big tablet makers like Samsung upset with them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone share shows sharp upward spike on NetMarketShare also
Tidbits
Legend

I'd prefer Nokia to make phones and possibly Tablets.  Regardless of OS Nokia tends to make better quality phones than Samsung, and other manufacturers out there.  I still have some Nokia devices 15+ years old and still work like a charm, and still can be used.

Side note:  I don't like Windows 8 over 7 for desktops...  MS honestly has a lot of work to do IMHO...  At least they are doing a Consumer release test for feedback.

0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone share shows sharp upward spike on NetMarketShare also
primortal
Master - Level 1

IDC is reporting that Windows Phone will overtake the iPhone this quarter in Russia

It seems Windows Phone in Russia is turning into a roaring success. According to IDC more than 250,000 Windows Phones have been sold in Russia since phones supporting the language were released in September 2011, taking 3% market share in 2011.

The performance has in fact been so encouraging that they expect Windows Phone to take 14% market share in 2012, ahead of iPhone, which is expected to only take 9% of the market.

Said Simon Baker, analyst at the IDC:

Today’s sales results of a new mobile platform from Microsoft allows one to predict that in the first quarter of 2012 Windows Phone is likely to be able to surpass the number of iOS smartphones sold in Russia In a press release Microsoft notes retailers selling Windows Phones were very pleased with the results, saying they surpassed expectations, and that Windows Phone was off to a stronger start than Android at the same stage in 2009.

Buyers were also very satisfied with their handsets, with 98% are satisfied and 94% willing to recommend it to friends.

They also note women for 59% of buyers, nothing this is sign of another success – creating a phone that focussed on functionality rather than specs and which was easy to use out of the box.

Source

0 Likes