Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major_Payne- This seems to be a real issue with the device. Have you had a chance to reach out to HTC? If not, here's the number: 866-449-8358. Please keep us all posted with the outcome.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@Sheritah

Yes I have even had the SIM tray replaced.

Point is until GDR2 my phone and all these others who are having this issue worked just fine.

Since GDR2 it has had the texting issue, for months now. People have mentioned this all over this forum and other forums.

It's unfortunate that no one from Verizon etc. will just fix it.

Instead we keep getting asked to hard reset our phones (done) get a replacement sim card tray (done) etc.

I am an IT professional for a living and I know what a bad software update can do to computers etc. This problem rings of bad software update that GDR3 didn't fix either.

If the phone could be rolled back to GDR1 most likely the problem would be resolved.

I have to spend way too much time on the workarounds for this issue as do others. Either the issue should be fixed or get people into phones that don't have the problem. I have friends who have the Nokia line and their phones work great with GDR3 so this is specific to the 8 X HTC phones.

So yes I could get a "refurbished" replacement phone in exchange of this one (bought new) but once it got GDR2 applied to it.......I would be in the same predicament stuck doing workarounds daily again.

It's disappointing that Verizon doesn't think that this is a priority to fix or make their customer satisfied.

Verizon is making record profits so you'd think they could spend some manpower prioritizing the issue instead of being ok with us (8x HTC phone owners) having to apply workarounds daily for months now to use basic functionality of phones that we paid good $ for.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major_Payne,

We do not want to just provide you a temporary workaround for you texting issue since your software update. If we could revert your phone back to the original GDR1 software we definitely would. We don't want you to have a device that is not have fully fuctional. It is always a prority of ours for our customers to have a working device. Given it is a software issue we normally ask to complete a master reset of the device, which normally resolves many software related issues. On the other hand, since you have done all the troubleshooting steps that we are able to provide we do ask that you reach out to HTC at 866-449-8358, as it is their software.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FX45Guy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is totally unacceptable.  Verizon supposedly quality tests and verifies SW and FW upgrades to the phone before pushing them out to customers.

It is Verizon's responsibility to make sure these updates don't screw up everybody's phones.  Verizon is the keeper of this SW even though it's originally developed by HTC and MS.

These phones are almost useless and unreliable now.  You've also affected the resale value of these phones too.

Verizon darn well better take responsibility for this instead of shoving it off to customers.

I want to see a reply from a supervisor in Verizon customer support that they are going to take care of this issue.  If not, it sounds like there's a good case for a class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@LindseyT_VZW

I did another master reset and got my first unable to send text message again today.

When I talked with HTC they indicated that it is not their responsibility for software update deployment by the carrier (in this case Verizon)

So it appears I am (as are the others having this issue) stuck with the phone with it's issues until such a time that Verizon feels that it's important enough to fix.

We shouldn't have to pay to upgrade either as the phone (8xHTC) is having issues with the current version of the software pushed to it by Verizon as was suggested to another person in this thread.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Two reboots deleting the thread twice and now 15 minutes to get a text message out.

Nice!!!!  <Sarcasm>

Seems no one at Verizon or HTC (they seem to be blaming each other) wants to take responsibility for actually fixing this problem.

If someone from Verizon posts some canned reset the device again post to this..................................................

0 Likes
1client
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Major_Payne in that my device worked fine until the latest pushed down update.  We need some good responsible guidance and direction from our paid services provider, Verizon.

0 Likes
FX45Guy
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Friday I talked with Tier 2 support.  I can tell you that nobody inside Verizon is working on this.  They opened a ticket with HTC, but who knows where that will go and how long it will take.

But I did manage to convince them to replace all of my lines with refurbished Lumia 928s.  Bye bye HTC.

They arrive on Tuesday.  My father-in-law has one and loves his.  Wasn't available a year ago or I would have gotten it instead.

Good luck everybody.

0 Likes