Windows Phone 8 GDR3
Toxicbill

Once again, it seems Verizon is the last to provide phone updates.

When can we expect GDR3 for the HTC 8X?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3
radmanvr

Soon™

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Toxicbill, good things come to those that wait. I apologize that we're unable to provide you with confirmation or release date at this time. However, you can stay tuned for software updates here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sirbum

Yes, but we're all wondering why we're waiting.  AT&T and Sprint have both already released GDR3, and the other carriers on the other continents are all caught up as well.  It seems Verizon should at least be on par with the others, rather than consistently behind.  If there is some reason we're waiting, then it might make sense to communicate that.  Verizon should at least explain why it is always the last to cross the finish line.

0 Likes
gtdagame

Verizon is a hoorible service. that's why we are waiting. I have been on the phone daily with this texting issue. they have absolutely no knowledge about their phones. they no help what so ever. at this point im considering just leaving them and going to at&t or sprint. and i sell their service and they will not be getting a recommendation to customers from me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gtdagame!

Let's get you messaging again! When on the line with us, was your issue resolved? We sure don't want to lose you over this. Please send a message to your own mobile number to test incoming and outgoing capabilities. Please also let me know if you need any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
EDev

My issue on the wait is, I am having more than just a messaging issue, I am have reception loss, missed calls. texts, bluetooth issues, etc. Before I updated to the GDR2 release under Verizon, I had zero issues. When the update came to the phone, there was a radio update, and I believe this is the main problem.

My question is, is there a radio fix in the works when released?

Thanks,

E

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Tuesday EDev,

We certainly want you to get the most out of your device. Based on your posting, this is clearly not the case. I'm confident that we can partner together and get your phone working properly. May I have you send me a private message with your full name and mobile number so that we can explore options. I'm looking forwar to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
EDev

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:16:39 -0800

To: Subject: Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3 - Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in 8X by HTC  - View the full discussion

Hello and happy Tuesday EDev,

We certainly want you to get the most out of your device. Based on your posting, this is clearly not the case. I'm confident that we can partner together and get your phone working properly. May I have you send me a private message with your full name and mobile number so that we can explore options. I'm looking forwar to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in 8X by HTC  by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
yaddle13

I have been having similar problems since installing the GDR2 update - the phone has been forgetting WiFi networks, dropping cell signal, rebooting itself, etc. Please get the GDR3 update out soon to address these!

0 Likes