Windows Phone 8.1 Daylight savings bug
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest Windows Phone 8.1 build arrived just before the switch to Daylight Savings Time, and so far twice it has caused my phone to revert back to Standard Time, the first time the day after Monday, and again last night. It seems to happen while I'm asleep in the middle of the night. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Very frustrating since I use my phone as my alarm clock each morning.

I'm hoping that now that Microsoft has finally released Windows 10 Mobile that maybe this will fix the problem, but as of yet I haven't been able to update my device.

Device Info:

Microsoft Lumia 735

Carrier: Verizon

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

OS version: 8.10.15148.160

Firmware revision number: 02171.00002.15194.03084

Hardware revision number: 10.0.0

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Daylight savings bug
primortal
Master - Level 1

Is it a confirmed bug?  I haven't heard much on various websites dedicated to Windows Mobile/Phone reporting and DST issues.

From what I understand is that phones get their date/time from the cell towers.  Do you have another phone line an iPhone or Android that didn't revert back to standard time?  Just want to rule out a cell tower issue in your area.

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's phone is a Motorola Droid on the same network and she isn't having those issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eks1910, knowing what time it is truly is something that we all need on a daily basis. Let's work to be certain that your phone is seeing that correct time. When going to the Settings, Date & Time, is the Automatic Time Zone set to on?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is the first thing I check and both "Set date and time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" are both turn on.

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon Support - It did it again twice over that last few days it seems happens while I'm asleep between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM, not sure the exact time, but it did it early Sunday morning some time before 5:00 AM and again this morning just before 5:00 AM, it actually set off my alarm at 4:54 AM this morning, but the real strange part about this morning was that my alarm went off at the correct time of 4:00 AM and then the phone reverted back 1 hour and then back to the correct time which obviously made it think that the alarm didn't go off at normal time.

So is this a problem with the recent OS update that happened back in February or is my phone (hardware) casuing this to happen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eks1910,

Oh no! I use my device as my alarm to wake up everyday as well. Let’s make sure we fix this issue. Have you tried to power off/on since the update? Are you using a downloaded alarm clock app or are you using the default alarm?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I use the default alarm and do not use any other alarm app. I have shut down and restarted a number of times since the last update, I have even performed a "soft-rest" by pressing the down volume + the power and holding it for 15 seconds, twice, and it still is doing this. Before the update and the change to day light savings it wasn't having this problem, that is why I concerned about a bug in the last OS update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eks1910,

This is concerning to hear. Let's look into this further. Are all of your other applications up to date as well? Please also try disconnecting from WiFi and then reset your phone. I want to make sure this is not caused by your wireless network connection. Keep us updated on your progress we are here to help.
JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes all my app's are up to date, as a matter of fact yesterday I ran the "Microsoft Windows Insider" app to upgrade to Windows 10 mobile, and I didn't notice any problems, the time seems to be as it should, but of course it has only been just over 24 hours since switching to Windows 10, so I will keep an eye open for any irregularities.

If I notice the problem again I will reach out again.

0 Likes