Re: Windows Phone 8.1 & Cyan Firmware - When?
Not applicable

SeraphX2 wrote:

Nokia IS Microsoft now and I just showed you where one of the Microsoft employees that is privy to the release process said that we are waiting for VZW approval.

Did you not read what I posted at all?

You can read it all you like. Fact is on many of these windows phone posts someone claims this Microsoft employee said this, or Joe Bellforie said that, or a Verizon executive said this or what have you.

I would not believe any of these deflections since that is what they are. Deflections.

Like I told you earlier "if and when you get it, it is a bonus"

Don't believe what you read, just wait it out. No amount of he said or she said is going to get it to you any faster.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I read that but the rep says yes it needs approval...

HOWEVER that's only part of the process and primortial only asked that portion of the process... What about the REST of the process... Again where exactly are they in the process and the facts... They never said where they were. See things easily get lost in translation...

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Word to the wise: you are wasting your breather, err... keystrokes on this. Every Cyan/8.1 thread devolves into an "argument" with these two that no one cares about.

The fundamental problem here is Verizon's complete lack of communication with their customers on this issue. That is what many of us will continue to complain about, and rightfully so.

Tidbits
Legend

LumiaIconUser wrote:

The fundamental problem here is Verizon's complete lack of communication with their customers on this issue. That is what many of us will continue to complain about, and rightfully so.

Nokia/Microsoft isn't innocent on this matter either... That's all I am saying... MS/Nokia are in a better position to be more transparent.  Sony, Motorola, and HTC can be transparent why can't Nokia/Microsoft?  They can update devices even when a new flagship is coming out...

Europe get's more updates the past 6 years regardless of manufacturer...  They blame the manufacturer and made other carriers change how they update their devices and we've benefited from it...  Just showing a different way to go fishing.  I am tired of the same arguments for the past 6 years with nothing getting done...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually its only an argument in your mind.

You don't like facts brought up. You would wrather point blame where it does not belong.

You would wrather cry on the forum of how you should be told this or that on updates.

The reason there is no communications from Verizon is because they don't have to tell you anything.

That is why you continue to post nonsense.

Verizon does not have to update your phone, they don't have to sell it, they don't have to support it and they sure as sugar have to tell you if or when an update is coming or not.

Live with it.

I am not here to argue with you. I am here to set you straight in your rants that are totally inaccurate.

Show me or anyone here any *PROOF* that Verizon or any carrier has to update your device. Keep complaining and people can see just how non credible you are.

I wish you would get it so I don't have to keep reading this prattle.

Personally at this juncture if I worked for Verizon wireless I would tell you that you are never getting any updates.

Then you would be back here crying how you and others will be switching carriers.

Good Evening

0 Likes
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

go away

Not applicable

Only if you leave first.

Another person who can't handle facts. But lives in fantasy.

Wake up.

0 Likes
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here are the only facts:

FACT: You don't have a windows phone yet you come pester those who do.

FACT: Verizon offers little to no support for the WP platform but offers tons of it for the other two.

FACT: Verizon fails to communicate and provide proper customer service across all platforms.

FACT: If Verizon is only required to give support regarding its network and connectivity, it should only give support in those areas and not offer support for other things such as devices unless it plans to offer full support across the line.

Not applicable

op2388 wrote:

Here are the only facts:

FACT: You don't have a windows phone yet you come pester those who do.

FACT: Verizon offers little to no support for the WP platform but offers tons of it for the other two.

FACT: Verizon fails to communicate and provide proper customer service across all platforms.

FACT: If Verizon is only required to give support regarding its network and connectivity, it should only give support in those areas and not offer support for other things such as devices unless it plans to offer full support across the line.

Fact: I don't need to own the device to tell you that you have no rights to any update.

Fact: Verizon offers service on any devices it sells. However they don't have to give you updates.

Fact: Verizon doesn't have to communicate anything except service or cell outages after its reported to them.

Verizon has a communications page. Read it. Subscribe to the email alerts.

Fact: Verizon does not give warranty support outside of exchanging your device per manufacturers warranty.

Verizon uses a data base of solutions on each device from the device maker.

Again if you have a working device and can assess the cellular and data network that is only what you are entitled to. Nothing more.

Verizon can normally fix connection issues or text issues or voice mail issues or even data connection issues on all devices they sell. But they dont have to update your or my device.

There again are your FACTS!

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

I am here to set you straight in your rants that are totally inaccurate.

Why?