Re: Windows Phone 7
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon was aggressively pushing Droid/Apple at several local stores yesterday and "Verizon-ing" people with lies like "the phone is here" only for you to arrive with no phone and a hard sell for driod/apple or WP7 order/overnight.

I have no doubt Verizon managers are getting compensations & perks for Droid/Apple sales at this point, perhaps even in part due to reported low iPhone sales. Sales drones no doubt are told what to push and the store displays reflect this.

The Trophy could have been delayed for no other reason of Imagio/Fathom inventory. The Thunderbolt was delayed due to iPhone.

Verizon is really a hyper-anti-consumer company.

cgon wrote:

Totally understand the frustration with Sales Reps trying to push other non-WP7 devices on customers.  I've been told myself that I wanted to go with Android because that's where the market is going.

I have to ask though, did you go into a retail location expecting to find HTC Trophy handsets for sale today?  Or did you go in just curious to see if they had received shipments to get ready for the June 2 in-store release?  Or did you go with intents to stir the pot and vent your frustration on someone?  I don't mean to be cynical but I'm really curious.

0 Likes
JudyG38401

FedX just delivered my new Trophy! I got mine as pre-order from my local Verizon store.  I know I could have ordered it online, but I've been bugging my store for several months now and felt a little bit of loyalty to them.  They obviously didn't try to talk me out of WP7 - they know I've been waiting and researching and lurking around the forums!:smileyhappy:

Because I went to my local store, I didn't have to change plans.  I got my same unlimited data plan, same price.  He was surprised that there weren't any cases/skins available yet for the Trophy online.  Now, I do have to mail in my rebate, but the phone ended up (after rebate) being $49.99.  Like many of you, I had to pay the $12.99 for overnight, but that's no biggy.

Off to get my Trophy set up!

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

so verizon is telling me the max new every two credit is 50.00.  seems a lot of people out here are getting 100.00.  nice going yet again verizon.  messing with your loyal customers, well looks like i am returning a phone over 50.00 and going elsewhere.  its not the money, its principal

cya!

0 Likes
bobrhine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well just FYI, Verizon is the only company that offered anything like NE2. They've been lowering the NE2 over the past couple of years and as of febuary, there are no longer NE2's after your next upgrade. The NE2 program has been retired. Now you'll upgrade with just the discounted price just like you would on any other carrier. Good luck finding a new carrier.

0 Likes