Re: Windows Phone 7
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

hopmedic wrote:

jimho wrote:

iWantMyWP7 wrote:

Just heard it is now pushed back to mat 19th:

http://www.winrumors.com/verizon%e2%80%99s-htc-7-trophy-windows-phone-launch-imminent-rumored-to-lan...

- Must be true- you read it on the world wide interweb..... LOL

Read it again ...That's when the offer for Microsoft employees to extend their contracts has been extended to- while it may be linked to the availability date, it is not necessarily the same thing.

The only thing worse than Verizon taking so long is these rags that deliberately put crap like this out there to get you to click to their site. First they tell you it's eminent, then they blame the vendors for pushing back the date, then they tell you its been delayed. And we wonder why Vendors don't want to put dates out there? These guys are to technology journalists what the National Enquirer is to the Washington Post.

BUT IT WAS ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!  DOH!

I'm not going to believe that Verizon is going to have a WP7 device until I walk out of the store with it in my hand.  Their response to this new OS has been nothing but aggravating.

And yes, I agree wholeheartedly about rags putting up crap on their sites to get you to click.  Last week one day, when I was the only reply to the first thread in this section, and the thread was titled "Windows Phone 7", I got tweets all day long about how Verizon had added a Windows Phone 7 support forum, and in the screenshot you could clearly see that it was a thread.  My nick was the one listed as last reply, and I posted to each of these rags that it was a thread, not a forum, don't they check their sources???  Not to mention that you could plainly see it was a thread.  Yet the "news" spread like wildfire, and I literally got tweets about it all day long.

I totally agree.  The only thing close to official statements regarding the phone are those Microsoft special offer deals that surface.  None of them give any kind of delivery date.  At this point if I were a Microsoft employee, I would be wondering how long after I put my money down I was actually going to get a phone.  This in no way specifically says that the date the offer ends is the date that the phone will be released.  When those offers first came out, they did state they were a pre-order.   I don't know if that is the case still. 

If the Microsoft date really does turns out to be tied to the release date, I still wouldn't hold my breath.  It seems to have changed three or four time in the last several months.  It could easily change again.  If Verizon is hoping for more Microsoft people to purchase, I think they need to ship the phone.  Right now they are saying "Give us your money and some time in the who knows when, you will probably get a phone from us".  OH Boy! I would jump at that deal, wouldn't you :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

WP7SmartPhones wrote:

I totally agree.  The only thing close to official statements regarding the phone are those Microsoft special offer deals that surface.  None of them give any kind of delivery date.  At this point if I were a Microsoft employee, I would be wondering how long after I put my money down I was actually going to get a phone.  This in no way specifically says that the date the offer ends is the date that the phone will be released.  When those offers first came out, they did state they were a pre-order.   I don't know if that is the case still. 

If the Microsoft date really does turns out to be tied to the release date, I still wouldn't hold my breath.  It seems to have changed three or four time in the last several months.  It could easily change again.  If Verizon is hoping for more Microsoft people to purchase, I think they need to ship the phone.  Right now they are saying "Give us your money and some time in the who knows when, you will probably get a phone from us".  OH Boy! I would jump at that deal, wouldn't you :smileyhappy: 

Actually, the first Microsoft employee offer DID specify "Early 2011"

http://www.winrumors.com/verizon-windows-phone-7-htc-trophy-confirmed-for-early-2011/

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think that Microsoft employees are out of pocket any $. They just renew their contract now, get $100 credit on their account and the discount price - then Microsoft reimburses them $200 when the phone is available and has to be paid for. i think its more of an issue of embarassment for them to be walking around with WM6.5 devices than any out of pocket expense might be....

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

jimho wrote:

I don't think that Microsoft employees are out of pocket any $. They just renew their contract now, get $100 credit on their account and the discount price - then Microsoft reimburses them $200 when the phone is available and has to be paid for. i think its more of an issue of embarassment for them to be walking around with WM6.5 devices than any out of pocket expense might be....

That's the way I took it, as well.  And yes, how embarassing to work for Microsoft right now, and not be able to obtain the phone that your company created.

0 Likes
jackcrawford

We have been waiting for Verizon to offer the Windows 7 phone since Jan 2011. I have six employees waiting to upgrade so we can all use and learn the phone at the same time. Is Verizon really so childish and upset with Microsoft over the Kin2 that they would have us leave for another carrier? Grow up, man up and offer the Windows 7 phone already.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Here is a link to our website where you can register to get info on devices that are coming soon.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ArnettH_VZW wrote:

Here is a link to our website where you can register to get info on devices that are coming soon.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

Yes, Arnett, we already KNOW that the Trophy is coming soon.  In December, it was billed to Microsoft employees as coming in "Early 2011".  Just how late is "Early 2011"?  We already KNOW the phone is coming.  Some of us have known about Windows Phone 7 for more than a year.  We've known about the Trophy coming to Verizon since December.  We just wish Verizon's definition of "soon" wasn't a semi-annual measurement.  So given the fact that Verizon's definition of soon is null, I don't see what the point of your link is.  So I can get more spam?  I already get enough.  More than enough.  I don't need any more.  I want a phone, or a solid date that phone will be available, and your running through the forum spamming us with your "send me spam" link doesn't do us a bit of good.

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure why posts from IE9 never show up......

Amett- Appreciate you're trying to help, and glad to see that someone from inside is watching the board, but posts like that only serve to aggrivate the situation. The ambiguity around Verizon's communications are worse than the wait....

Now we're seeing comments that the Trophy will be a limited run device... what does that mean? Last thing I need is to be locked into a contract with another limited support device like you did to me with the TP2.  

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

ie9 has huge issues, so locked down security wise it wont let you do much

my cycle ends on the 20th, at that point no wp7 then cya.  i am sick of being held hostage by a company with outdated tech

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jimho... as for limited, i just read limited supplies, nothing about a limited run - i sure hope you are wrong and vzw gets their {word filter avoidance} together.,..

0 Likes