Enthusiast - Level 1

I want one!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone 7
dougthug
0 Likes
Grimmr74

People have to start understanding the scope of a message board. No person capable of making decisions reads message boards. Also unless you are under 18, please refrain from using an offical forum to make ultimatums with a billion dollar company. This technique of "or i'm going to leave" barely works with my dog, I dont think we are going to get anywhere with pretend walking out the door.

Cell phones are a privilege and not a right, Verizon allows a service, if you do not like their service, you do not have a right to ask them to change it. That is why there are other companies out there. Verizon doesn't have to do anything because with their current model they are an extremely profitable company. Obviously they know something we do not.

I for one can't wait to have a Trophy. It sucks that the WP7 wont have words with friends. That game is **bleep** addicting.

0 Likes
Burt

I've been sitting on my New-Every-Two for over a year now just waiting for a cool phone to come out. I'll be honest and admit that I was, at first, waiting for the iPhone to come over to big red but, sometime last year, I caught wind of the WP7 and started to have more interest in that. My brother has one through AT&T and I poked around in it and it's a pretty quality phone. I just really hope that this comes out soon (or the Xperia Play phone!!) because that white iPhone4 is looking quite sexy...

0 Likes
rman0099

I'm glad verizon is FINALLY showing a bit of forward progress with regards to the windows phone.  As of now I have been sitting with an original BB storm and my new every 2 has been due for about 5 months now.  Failing and on its last legs no less I have held on in HOPES for the windows phone. 

Based on early Verizon comments about the WP7 platform I get that they don't care.  But there DOES seem to be an interest in the phone, so why not just release it and get a few extra pennies??  My real concern is not getting the phone (as it does seem likely now), but will they properly support patches/updates?  As we know, wireless service providers have help up NoDo updates and my fear is that Verizon will just let updates stagnate in a quagmire because of their disinterest in the platform

0 Likes
Vallos

These rumors are starting to bunch up now. So, it's looking very likely that this will be announced within the next two weeks!

http://www.wpcentral.com/more-verizon-windows-phone-rumors-training-begins-launching-may-12th

0 Likes
mydasx

i completely agree.  not only do we want it, we need it.  the sdk for android is a joke and structured C blows goats.  I want .net silverlight on my phone asap.  Big red is my carrier.  I WILL NOT go to ATT.  With that said, i want phone 7 yesterday.  i'm not in line for a cheap phone and that's fine, i'll pay full price.  JUST GIVE IT TO ME...

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

@grimmr74 - having been a paying customer with Verizon Wireless from its beginning, I think I have paid for the right (as has everyone else with a Verizon wireless account) to come to Verizon's Wireless Community Forum, enter into the Windows Mobile section, and the topic Windows Phone Discussions/Windows Phone 7 – and share how frustrating it is that the best network can't be had with the best phones 7 months after they’ve been released. You've got it wrong on the privilege thing... Verizon has the privilege of collecting money from us to use their network which happens to operate on an air frequency that they have the privilege of using. As a paying customer if I don't like the service I'm getting I have every right to ask them to change it, and this IS one of the outlets that Verizon provides for their users to make such requests.

This isn't a rumor rag, it's Verizon's site. I can't think of a better way to get the message to Verizon executives than to have hundreds of people posting on the VERIZON community board that they want a WP7 device, and are frustrated with Verizon dragging their feet with the Windows Phone platform...

That said, I have owned a device from every generation of Windows Mobile/Windows CE device over the years and this is nothing new. Verizon has always showed up kicking and screaming with every new device powered by Microsoft software with a possible exception being the Kin (I really didn’t pay attention to what went on there) ....most of them great devices till VZW mesed with them.

As a customer, I'm tired of going through this same nonsense with every generation of phone, and I'm tired of buying two year contracts on devices that from the day I get them are half way to obsolete because Verizon takes so long to test them, and the other half crippled by Verizon bloatware that's all too difficult to remove. Perhaps that’s why Verizon is taking so long to get WP7 out the door….

I've had my TP2 for over 2 years and only recently have I been able to get it to stop locking up the display several times a day – no help from Verizon on that-  the Sprint version didn't have these problems- so much for Verizon's thorough testing of WM6-

It's true that Verizon still has the best network coverage in the Northeast and I'm reluctant to jump ship, but AT&T is getting better, and there may be some upside with the TMobile merger - with 4G leveling the playing field, service is becoming a commodity. People aren't flocking off of AT&T now that Verizon has iphones the way Verizon thought they would.

If Verizon wants to continue charging premium prices for its service, and if they value customer retention, they need to find ways to start providing better access via premium devices in a more timely manner, and they need to insure that customers that commit to long term contracts get better ongoing support for the devices they are locked into after purchase.  After 12+ years on “the network” Verizon is no longer a mobile leader- they’ve never had the capability to quickly test and release new devices or patches and have never been responsive to customers unless there was a way for them to charge an extra fee ... the value has always been the network. As their competition improves their service, Verizon has less and to impress us with. 

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

And also, Verizon needs to kick in a little extra for all of us who have been off contract for months waiting for WP7.

My buddy was off contract for about 3 months with AT&T before they released WP7. The salesman kicked in an extra $50 off his phone because of that and my buddy didn't even have to ask.

Make sure you ask your Verizon sales person for an extra $$ just for having to wait.

0 Likes
Grimmr74

@jimho

Please continue to complain then. See what it does.

0 Likes