Windows Live ID password isn't correct
Chocomage77

I keep having this issue happen to me, under Settings/ Email + Accounts/ Windows Live ID  I keep getting a message that my password is not correct. I have had the same password for my Windows live account for 4 years now along with the gamer tag tied to it. I don't get why my password is wrong.

I can log onto Xbox.com just fine with it, I can recover my gamer tag with my password, and yet my phone won't accept it.

Any solutions out there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Live ID password isn't correct
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Chocomage77

Having password issues can be very irritating. I would be glad to help. Is this the only Live account on the device? Did this start after a particular application was downloaded? If so please remove the application and retest.

Have you accessed your email on a PC or laptop with that password? Please login and verify your contacts are backed up. If you can access the account, please perform a hard reset on the device. Here are the steps for the reset:

From the main start screen, tap & slide the screen left
Scroll to and tap Settings
Scroll to and tap About
Tap "Reset Your Phone"

After the reset please set up the device with the Live email and retest.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please chck this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2432933

We have seen this issue with a lot of Outlook Live Friends & Family account (formerly known as Exchange Labs) or a Live@EDU account.  There is a section for that in the KB article.  Also, there is a section for verifying your account, which may need to be done as well.

0 Likes
Chocomage77

I have tried deleting unnecessary apps from my phone and followed the article from Jason to a tee, and it is still not connecting. I would rather not reset my phone because of all the games I have downloaded and I am really hoping there is a way to fix this without having to lose everything.

I keep getting the 80072FA8 error saying that it cannot find the server m.outlook.com (I only get this while in airplane mode.)

When I exit airplane mode I just get the incorrect password error screen again. I have confirmed my email, typed in my correct password about a million times and have uninstalled apps then immediately turned off my phone to reboot the system.

0 Likes