Re: Windows Cyan
Accent83

OK i got this phone for me after being on prepaid for 4 years plus. Being a nokia fan and my wife having a new contract made me grab Icon. I didnt even know then that Cyan is gonna be delayed so long. Ive been reading all these threads and patiently waiting and waiting. there is video on youtube a review of icon and the guy says the phone comes unlocked, is it true? Can i put att sim and get update this way? is it even an option to concider?

0 Likes
yleetsbob
Enthusiast - Level 3

provide timely updates for products.  The lumia line is the "nexxus product for microsoft"  why they can produce an update three or four months ago and you can't have it tested/ready/released for  your customers is insane.  I left android to this device, and I feel that I have made a 2 year mistake.

I may buy a new phone over this, but I also will be looking to a different carrier if I do.

kmangone

The update was supposed to be released by mid-2014.  It is getting into LATE 2014.  I purchased the lumia ICON because it was supposed to be the latest and greatest... but it is behind the older Nokia phones.  Please release the update!!  Several carriers are now promising to buy out your contract to get your service.  Seriously considering this if I dont receive the update this month!!!  Verizon DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!!!!!  I would rather have a carrier with not as much coverage that cares... than one that has greater coverage and could care LESS!!!!  I have defended Verizon over the years...  but I am now suggesting to others to stay away from them if they ask me about my service.  Several have already gone with another carrier because of what I have told them.  This is a chance for Verizon to regain my faith in them, or I too will be gone! 

0 Likes
sethen
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW has made it clear that they aren't in the customer service business so we now must take the matter into our own hands.  Write directly to the CEO.

You can contact Mr. Daniel S. Mead (CEO) by going to www.verizon.com/about/leader/contact/73.

Maybe if enough of us say something they'll try to at least pretend they appreciate our money.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

As stated in another thread, Verizon's silence on Cyan seems to be fueling animosity.  A good business practice is to respond with urgency and stay in communication with their customers.  Ignoring them or responding with incorrect information or pacification will create dissatisfaction.  It's always best to protect the company name with great communication.

0 Likes
fkmalone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got off the phone with Bridget in the Executive Office at Verizon.  She was responding to my email to the CEO of Verizon.  She told me that it is being tested by marketing and that marketing would not give her a time frame.  She even understood and admitted that they generally fall behind all other carriers in regards to updates. 

So if any of you think you have heard anything different regarding the release of Cyan and 8.1, the information is probably false unless it comes from someone within marketing. 

I would not be surprised if marketing is not holding on to it because they want people to upgrade their devices first.  If that is the policy then whoever came up with it is brainless.  All they are really doing is turning people off of Verizon.  I don't like or trust marketing people.  Never have and never will.

For those of us with Lumia Icon phones, the situation is really annoying because we are fairly confident the Icon was designed with 8.1 in mind.  There should be very little testing that needs to be done.

LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, but "tested by Marketing" makes these least sense of any of these non-answers we've been given. The only thing Marketing could be testing would be how many angry customers can be generated by withholding an update.

0 Likes
dunlopscott64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked with VZW and unfortunately, I have a year until upgrade. I am exploring my options now. I am done with Verizon and am going to a company that has tested and implemented the Cyan update.

Marketing? Really??

0 Likes
fkmalone
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know it actually does make sense to me, unfortunately. That is exactly what a business that doesn't care about their customers would do.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

For what it's worth, there's a petition to get Cyan, We Demand the immediate release of the Cyan update - The Petition Site