Windows 8.1 on Samsung ATIV-SE
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am absolutely disgraced with Verizon Wireless. I just bought a new Windows Phone Samsung ATIV-SE. I assumed it would have the latest Operating System. I guess that is what Verizon counts on. Of course no one can even tell us when it will be available. Samsung and Microsoft support it. What's the deal? Roll it out already. I have five phones with VWZ and the other four are being switched out as soon as the contracts are up. VWZ should be ashamed of themselves.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows 8.1 on Samsung ATIV-SE
Not applicable

Before you purchased your phone if you read what the operating system it came with; you received what you paid for.

Updates are not guaranteed. The device worked on purchase, it works now. That is all that matters.

This the way at all carriers.

Good Luck at your new provider who also may not update your devices.

tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must be a Verizon Wireless employee because I don't think too many people would bother responding to a dissatisfied customer otherwise. Your right about looking at the OS version but due to my own error I didn't ask enough questions. My biggest concern is Contana and I didn't realize it was only on version 8.1.  I learned my lesson. Now get back to work and try to help some frustrated Verizon Wireless customers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha ha not a Verizon employee. Sorry Smiley Happy

I just use common sense which many don't like reading.

But I keep plugging along. Logic will out!

SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have 14 days from purchase the return it.  GET RID OF IT QUICK.  If you complain enough, you can probably get the $35 restock fee waived.  You are vulnerable to malware attacks with an obsolete version of Windows Phone.

I don't know why Elector repeats variations of "go pound sand" to frustrated WP owners; maybe he just enjoys annoying people.

0 Likes
Not applicable

[Quote]

I don't know why Elector repeats variations of "go pound sand" to frustrated WP owners; maybe he just enjoys annoying people.

[/quote]

Where did you read "go pound sand in my reply"?

I gave a valid and truthful answer.

Why is it everyone with a Windows Phone can only attack posters who post facts even though it does not agree with those owners?

Good Luck

0 Likes
SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

People want usable, actionable advice.  My advice is: Get the cheapest wifi hotspot or tetherable phone you can get and carry around a Windows tablet.  As an IT professional, I see a trend for the USA to be behind other countries in technology in the name of "security".  We need to get used to the "brave new world" of available smart phones being behind the technology curve and find the best workaround as the new normal.  Smartphones will never be "in-synch" with the "one OS, many devices" model.  Expect the WP 8.1 rollout for your ATIV SE about the same time Windows 10 is released.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SoftEngineer wrote:

People want usable, actionable advice.  My advice is: Get the cheapest wifi hotspot or tetherable phone you can get and carry around a Windows tablet.  As an IT professional, I see a trend for the USA to be behind other countries in technology in the name of "security".  We need to get used to the "brave new world" of available smart phones being behind the technology curve and find the best workaround as the new normal.  Smartphones will never be "in-synch" with the "one OS, many devices" model.  Expect the WP 8.1 rollout for your ATIV SE about the same time Windows 10 is released.

The rest of the world doesn't jump down on their carriers throat about things going wrong with their devices overseas just because we sign a 2 year agreement for our devices(other countries have contracts too).  I bet you being a software Engineer would understand... If you are getting blamed for things out of your control you'd want to test some things on your own correct?

Maybe we should move to a pay to play model.  If you want to update you pay for it.  Don't blame anyone else but the device manufacturer if things go wrong?  Maybe things will be updated faster.  I still believe manufacturers delay updates on their own because they have little incentive.  Now with them actually getting paid to update their devices maybe they'll work faster...  HTC and Motorola going transparent with their update process and taking ownership has shown... They can update on Verizon very quickly...  They also go on record saying they'll update their devices within 90 days from OS release.  The ones that don't take ownership and say "We already gave it to them" are the ones being delayed.  Something doesn't seem right to me?  Does it to you?

0 Likes
robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector wrote:

Before you purchased your phone if you read what the operating system it came with; you received what you paid for.

Updates are not guaranteed. The device worked on purchase, it works now. That is all that matters.

This the way at all carriers.

Good Luck at your new provider who also may not update your devices.

You're wrong.  It's not the way at all carriers.  AT&T has released the updates for all their phones.  T-Mobiles newest and most popular Windows Phones are on 8.1 including the Lumia 925 which just got the update a couple days ago.  Verizon is the slowest at releasing updates if they ever do.  I hope the OP returned the device and went somewhere else.

0 Likes
SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's very wrong.  All I'm saying is that expecting incompetent people to suddenly become competent is asking for frustration.  Much like the manager that has to do data entry himself because the temp didn't show up for work. Windows updates are an area of incompetence for Verizon.  We must recognize that as an "immovable object".

0 Likes